NINE

LEAVE ME ALONE

"Did you, uh, did you see the news last night?" Ruby asked as she caught up to Peter, "They had a picture of you coming out of an outhouse," she laughed.

Peter hummed and walked a little faster, making Ruby speed up as well and keep talking.

"They had a picture of me when I ran into a glass window," She laughed, "It was pretty funny."

"Mhm," Peter sped up again.

"They-"

"Just give up, Ruby," Peter snapped as he stopped walking and turned to look at her, "Just stop being annoying for once and leave me alone."

"Oh," Ruby mumbled, "O-Okay, yeah I'll-I'll um.. I'll do that." She rushed off down the hall without another word.

"Hey so Dad says we need to have almost everything packed by tonight so we're not trouble when we move," Caleb said as he walked his sister to her third period class, "I can help you if you want, I already have everything packed."

"I'm kind of excited to move," Caleb continued, "We get to make new friends, maybe we could be the popular kids at the new school."

"Maybe," Ruby shrugged.

"Hey," Caleb nudged her arm, "It'll be okay, Peter just needs his space."

"I guess so," Ruby sighed, "He never uses my name, and he's never yelled at me like that before. I think he hates you."

Caleb put a hand on her shoulder as they stopped walking, standing in the middle of the hall, "He doesn't hate you. Like I said before, he just needs space. And it'll take time for him to talk to you."

"I miss him."

"I know you do," Caleb nodded, "I promise everything will be back to the way it was really soon."

"You sure?" Ruby raised her head as they started walking.

"Yeah," Caleb smiled, "You remember that time I switched MJ's shampoo with hair dye and her hair was pink for a week?"

Ruby couldn't help but grin at the memory, "Yeah,"

"She forgave me," Caleb said, "It look her a week, but she forgave me. But what's happening with you and Peter is minor, he'll get over it soon enough."

"Thank you Caleb," Ruby hugged her brother, "I love you, you know that right?"

"I love you too, big sis."

a/n: some best friend drama and some wholesome sibling advice content 😌😌