11- Moving On

12 months later
Lia's POV

I sat in my chair as I rocked Ezra to sleep "aww baby why do you keep crying mommy is right here"

I sighed and my mom walked in "how is he?"
He keeps crying I said rubbing me eyes tiredly.

She took him out of my arms and he immediately stopped crying "honey go study I got him" I shook my head and went to go study for my math test.

Due to my pregnancy I started going to school online it's been hard raising Ezra alone with the occasional help from my parents and Sofia but Ezra is someone that is important to me even though I've only know him for 3 months he's my son after all.

My stepdad walked into my room seeing me studying "Lia are you busy?" Yeah I replied trying to finish the last problem on my math homework so I could start my science homework.

"How are you doing lately..." I sighed and turned around in my seat "dad cut to the chase" he laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

"I may have sighed you up for a blind date tomorrow at central carnival ..at 2pm I'll watch Ezra!" He said sitting on my bed across from me.

"Dad no I'm just not ready!" I said turning back around to do my homework.

Your going regardless Lia you aren't going to get anywhere sitting at home wallowing over a guy that was a piece of trash! Think about Ezra think about both of your futures!

"Ok dad I get it I'll freaking go ok!" He sighed and walked to the door "that's all I asked hun."

I took another hour to finish my work when I did I walked to the living room to get Ezra and take him to my room.

"Mom I know your tired I'll put him to sleep.." I said grabbing him from my mom taking him to my bedroom to sleep.

I laid him on my chest and he slept soundly as I called Sofia to check up on her.

"Hey Sofia how are you?"
Sofia stayed at our old house and I moved back in with my parents to get help from them while I raised Ezra.

"Well I was on my way to sleep but.." I chuckled at her "ok ok I got the hint goodnight Sofia love you!" She laughed replying "love you more" and I hung up placing Ezra in his crib and dozing off to sleep.

______________________________

I woke up to Ezra crying at 10 in the morning surprisingly he didn't cry all night he must have been really tired.

I woke him up placing him on my chest allowing him to eat I put the blanket over my chest and walked out the room to be greeted by my little brother.

"Good morning sissy!" He said kissing my cheek running back to eat his breakfast.

I sat down and watched the TV with my dad "remember 2 o'clock!" I know dad I said turning my attention back to the baby rested on my chest.

He smiled just like his dad with those big beady eyes and beautiful smile every time I looked at Ezra I saw Julian in him but that was something I learned to get over these last 3 months.

Time flew by as I played with Ezra and fed him changed him and everything else before I knew it it was 1:30.

I handed him to my dad kissing him on the forehead before walking to my room to change. I wore something casual just jeans a crop top and a black jacket to go over it.

I called a cab and drove to the designated place.
I waited sitting on the fountain waiting for my "date" to arrive 5 minutes later he found me.

"Lia?" He asked extending his hand to me I stood up and shook his hand "hello..I'm Khalil" he smiled widely.

His smile was no doubt contagious I automatically smiled back at him and we began to walk into the carnival located in the park.

"So tell me a little about yourself" he said looking at me like he just saw the most beautiful thing.

"Ooh well...I'm 20 years old, I'm an online college student to become a nurse, I'm a single mother, I have a younger brother..umm-"

He cut me off "wait your a single mom?" I shook my head as I smiled at the thought of Ezra "yeah he's only 3 months old"

"Wow what a coincidence I'm a single father as well I have a 5 year old Daughter she is my world"

I smiled at him "aww what's her name?" I asked him getting excited about our similarities "her name is Aaliyah..what's your sons name?"

"Ooh his name is Ezra" I said smiling back at him honestly I was just so glad he could relate to my situation.

He grabbed my hand "ok enough about our kids let's have fun" he said smiling down at me.

We played a lot of carnival games he won me a giant stuffed bunny I really enjoyed his company he was a great guy he's so kind and caring he's excepting and loving towards me and his beauty is just a plus I know we just meet but he really brought another side out of me.

"Are you hungry I know a good restaurant a couple blocks away" I agreed and we went to the restaurant he requested.

"What would you like to drink?" The waiter asked in a fairly snarky attitude I ignored it and replied "ahh lemonade please" I said smiling "and you?" She said turning to Khalil losing all her attitude
"Just a water" he replied smirking at the waiter.

I tried to ignored it and the waiter came back with our drink and we ordered our dinner. "I'm going to use the restroom" he said smiling standing to his feet.

I sat there and scrolled through my phone waiting for my food or maybe for Khalil to come back.

He was taking so long and I started to need to use the bathroom so I walked back to the bathroom area and right between the separated bathrooms was Khalil sucking faces with the waiter.

I wasn't really surprised they were literally flirting right in front of my face at the table.

I cleared my throat making them both turn towards them and I crossed my arms over my chest "Khalil I think I'm going to go you seem a little busy"

I left and he didn't even try to come after me but I didn't mind I need to stop putting so much trust in people no matter if I know them..or I think I know them.

This chapter was a little boring but I promise it will pick up next chapter!

Don't forget to Vote and Comment <3