Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Y/N's POV

I woke up in a public bus, looking out the window, I spotted a familiar sight, Kuoh Academy, the school where most of the Highschool DxD characters go. I smiled and got off the bus, God said that he sent me a week before Issei became a devil,'I've got plenty of time...' he also said that he got a house for me a few blocks behind the Hyoudous and already had already enrolled me into the school.

After going through the gates of the academy, I made my way to the principal's office. Apparently class was still on since the school was full of students, who were staring at with bright blushes on their faces. The whole situation was freaking weird, it's not like I was wearing anything inappropriate, all I had on was a light blue flannel shirt, a pair of bootcut jeans, and black running shoes.

Finally finding the principal's office, I knocked gently on the door, waiting for them to let me in. All I have to do is tell the principal my name and do a couple of paperwork to make the enrollment official. 'This is going to be fucking awesome, I should probably get some groceries before heading to the house, huh...'

⪡Time skip (4 hours)⪢

Now making my way to my house from the grocery store with one hand full of bags, I let out a tired groan as I looked at the time on my phone, 6:26 pm., the transfer procedure took longer than expected, not to mention all the annoying stares people kept giving me when I was at the store buying some supplies.

I was walking through a park when I felt someone staring at me since it was already getting dark the street lights were on, when I turned around, I saw a middle-aged man in a black trench coat, a blue holographic popup came on top of his head,

[Stray Devil]

[Kyu Matabane]

[HP: 1000/1000]

[MP: 60/60]

"A beautiful young lady such as yourself shouldn't be walking around alone at night you know?" the man said with a smirk on his face, his bloodlust getting stronger each step he took towards me.

"Sorry to disappoint but I am more than capable of taking care of myself, thank you very much." I spat, 'Gezz, pedo much?' I faced him before putting my bags on the ground, making sure nothing falls off of it.

"We'll see about that, girly~" a pair of bat-like wings appeared behind his back, unsheathing a black katana and pointing it at me, "I hope you last longer than the previous one." he then launches towards me, aiming at my chest.

I mumble inventory under my breath, pulling out a steel blade and cutting the stray devil's wings, simultaneously dodging his attack, making him stumble down in pain as blood sprayed from his back where his black wings once were, "It seems like you're the one how can't take care of themself."

"YOU BITCH! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME!?" He yells, slowly getting back up.

"Um, hello~ You blind or something?" I swing my sword in front of his face, "What do you think happened, Sherlock? Can't you see this very obvious sword in my hand?"

"YOU HUMAN SCUM! YOU DARE TAUNT A HIGHER BEING SUCH AS MYSELF?!" He charges at me once more with a pissed-off face, doing his little battle cry.

With a bored face, I just cut off his legs. With nothing to support his weight, he falls down face first. My shoulders shake as I try to desperately suppress my laughter, with dirt on his face, he glares at me creating a magic circle, he fires a blue ball of energy.

Within the nick of time, I barely managed to avoid the sudden magic attack, instead, the spell hit the trash can behind me, "Yo, what the fuck!? Are you trying to kill me - Oh wait... I totally forgot why we were fighting for a sec, sorry." I looked back at the now shredded trash bin and smirked when I saw something, calming walking up and picking the object of my affection, 'Thank you, my local drug addicts,~' I made my way back to the crawling man on the ground - who desperately tried to escape me - with a syringe in my hand and a sword in the other.