Luke

I sat in the library trying to study for my upcoming history test but history was impossible to learn. I had better things to focus on, like coming up for new songs for the band. Or wondering how alex never has hat hair.

I let my head fall into the open book in exhaustion and agony on whoever the guy I was reading about. History would be way more interesting if we didn't only focus on white men.

I sighed and sat my head up, my eyes closed. I took a deep breath trying to mentally repair myself.

I opened up my eyes and jumped 10 feet out of my seat screaming a tiny bit as I saw Luke leaned across the table smiling at me. A loud shhh came from the people in the library. I looked around quickly before glaring at the boy infront of me.

"What the heck are you doing here!" I whispered yelled at the boy."I'm boredddd." He groaned, "reggies having a long one sided conversation with Ray, alex is with skater dude and Julie told me to politely scram."

I looked at him unamused, "well I'm telling you Inpolitely scram!" I yelled earning another shh from the library. "Now sh and let me fishing reading" I told him as I looked back down at the book.

I could feel his eyes glaring into my face as I tried to focus on the words.

"Y/n-"

"You interrupt my reading one more time, this book will become a lethal weapon." I muttered.

"Come onnn y/n. Let's get out of here! Do something fun." He smiled

I continued to read the book," I'm studying."

He leaned over the table staring at the book. "So unless you know anything about the civil war, I'm going to need you to leave."

"Dude in great at history. It's the only class alex didnt have tutor me in." He smiled proudly.

I raised an eyebrow at him "and how much studying did you actually do with Alex?"

His face turned red and he waved his hand at me. "We were... preoccupied but That's besides the point. I know the civil war. Get this, it was the deadliest war in history, 2% of the American population died. Isn't that crazy? They even had a soldier that was 9 years old. Insane man. And then don't even get me started on-"

"I think I get the point." I said closing my book.

"Your done studying?" He asked confused.

"I've thought of history too much today. And just hearing you talk about it, is making my brain explode. So please let's go take my mind off of it." I mumbled standing up stuffing the book in my backpack.

"Sweet! Um and what does that mean we're doing?" He asked.

"Song writing?" I suggest

"Making history is so much more fun than reading about it."

.....

Hi leave request :)