6: Harry

Asher, Kai, and I were all sat around the dinner room table awaiting Astra. Kai and Asher were still going on about Astra's impressive kill. Meanwhile, I was too far gone in my head.

Flashbacks of Astra being so vulnerable. The cuddling, the swaddling, the couple-like behavior... It's just not me. I just can't help the feeling.

Like a charm, Astra came limping out of my room. Asher and Kai were quick to their feet, helping her to the chair beside me. Our eyes met for a brief moment before she glanced away. She seemed almost embarrassed.

"Glad to see our girl is okay," Kai comments, earning a smile from Astra and Asher. It didn't amuse me. She's not our girl. I don't know where the fuck they got that from.

"Astra, you said something yesterday that alarmed me. What did they say?"

Her eyes meet mine. They look so drained and tired. I almost feel bad for even making her talk about it. "They've been watching you for a minute now. They knew your whole routine."

I sit back in my chair and run my fingers through my hair

Kai and Asher both look at me with a stressful expression

Kai and Asher both look at me with a stressful expression. I know exactly who this is. There's no other person. It has to be a Scorpion attack.

Asher and Astra talked amongst themselves while I sat in my own head. I thought deeply. I have the best security system that's been made. There's no way that anyone could just guess it correctly.

There's only 3 people in my system: Zayla, I and now Astra. 4 people know my passcode, but even if you knew the passcode, you couldn't automatically get in unless I predisposed in the system that you could come in.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the red phone ring. Of course, my mother wanted me. I huffed as I got up to answer the phone.

"Who do you have in C3, Harry?" I can already hear the menacing tone of my mother.

"People who tried to kill me. Are they awake?"

I could picture her rolling her eyes, "Yes, Harry. They are awake and won't shut up. I don't feel like watching their cameras all day. You have an hour to get to C3 and get to it, or I let them go.

The call abruptly ends. Of course when my mom has to actually do her job, she doesn't want to. I place my back against the kitchen counter and let out a deep breath.

My eyes scanned the room. I looked at my living room then panned to my kitchen table. The three of them seemed to be enthralled in what they were taking about.

I studied Astra and her movements. Kai made a stupid joke about sex. Sexual jokes make her laugh. Noted.

I watched as her eyebrows raised in disbelief and her smile still showed. She had such beautiful features; it made her impossible to not stare at.