MeGivingUpOnPromptsAndDoingMyOwnThing

WhEn YoU rEaLiZe YoU pOsSiBlY fOrGoT To SaVe AnD pUbLiSh ThRu Ur PaIn

Lol sorry about that this week has just...been a mood. ANYWAYS. Chances are, I'm not going to fix my mistake, but here! 🍍Virtual pineapples to throw at me!

🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍

Hey, watch it they're spiky!

🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍

So, I gave up on the prompts today, just basically doing a songfic.

OKAY! NOW, let's get the oneshot on the web! *Like get this show on the road? Eh? Neh? Okay I'll just be back here...*

Credits to @nerfgunwimp for helping me with this! They're ma sibling, so check out their profile if u want!

The song is She Used to be Mine from The Waitress.

It's not simple to say
That most days I don't recognize me
That these shoes and this apron
That place and its patrons
Have taken more than I gave them

I plugged in my iPod and turned on a musical from the human world. Somedays, it just felt like the Black Swan took more from me than I had. I sat on my bed lost in complete nostalgia.

It's not easy to know
I'm not anything like I used to be, although it's true
I was never attention's sweet center
I still remember that girl

I remember the me before this whole 'elf buisiness'. Nobody really payed attention to me, at least in a good way, but how much worse was it than now?

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

I wasn't perfect, but I tried so hard to be. But back with the humans, I didn't have to be. They always said, "We're only human". Even though I wasn't ever human, I still was able to follow that rule. I may have lied every so often, but at least I was a good child. I was so hard on myself. And I was broken from the telepathy. At least a couple things have stayed the same. 

She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

I was this entire mishmash of personality traits, all stuck in isolation. But my innocence and life I knew only ever used to be mine. 

It's not what I asked for
Sometimes life just slips in through a back door
And carves out a person and makes you believe it's all true
And now I've got you
And you're not what I asked for

If I'm honest, I know I would give it all back
For a chance to start over and rewrite an ending or two
For the girl that I knew

I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask to be the Moonlark or whatever! Life just slipped in just like Fitz, and BAM! All of a sudden I had to be this perfect! Stupid! Elf! Who has to take care of the entire population of elves and civilization!

Who'll be reckless, just enough
Who'll get hurt, but who learns how to toughen up

I did whatever. But I still kept my head down. I wasn't some-some THING who got hurt and recovered only to have to do it all over again the next day!

When she's bruised and gets used by a man who can't love
And then she'll get stuck
And be scared of the life that's inside her

I was bruised from my life with humans and high school and all the humans and everything! Mr. Forkle USED me and ALTERED me for the sake of the entire world! I was an innocent embryo!

Growing stronger each day 'til it finally reminds her
To fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes

Even when I came to the Lost Cities at the begining, I was figuring everything out, and at least I had my FRIENDS who were there to fight by my side! They would inspire me to go on and drive on with that fire. Bring the fire back into my stupid, ugly, brown, freak-ish eyes!

That's been gone, but used to be mine
Used to be mine

I used to be that girl! I used to know her! She used to belong to my soul and brain, not this broken, helpless bird, who has no idea what to do!

She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

(Switches to Keefe POV)

I ran up to Sophie crying on her bed and just held her close to my chest. She sobbed into me and cried, rocking back and forth as I patted and rubbed her back to calm her down. I could feel the emotions of longing, nostalgia, and sadness. I had a feeling I knew what this was about. "Hey," I whispered, pulling away from the hug and looking at her in the eyes, "Repeat after me,"

She nodded. "I may be messy, but I'm kind."

"I may be messy, but I'm kind."

"I was lonely, for most of the time, but I'm a beautiful, strong young woman all baked into a tray of mallowmelt."

She repeated it. "Okay tell me things you love about yourself," I said as Sophie sniffled into my shirt, muffling her sound. 

"I-I-i held on even as my life fell apart. My-my old me is gone, but-but-but I'm-i-i'm tougher and can handle more stuff now and I can fight for what I want and I d-don't back down anymore. My-my lack of love in my life is gone, and only used to be mine."

I squeezed Sophie tighter into the hug, and she eventually fell asleep leaning into me. 

Okay, I honestly don't know what this-"beautiful trash"-was, but somedays, you just really feel like crying but it just makes things sound like trash. At least I got those tears out. I'll try to write a happy one tomorrow! Don't forget to comment whatever ships and prompts you want! 

Ciao bellas, bellinos, and you not-so-easily-summed-up-by-one-word-inos!