𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 29

After being interrogated by two furious teenagers, Prince Tooru is able to escape their ire to check on his younger brother's condition. Prince Tobio stares at him vacantly as Oikawa nudges him to sit up, propping the boy up between his legs, so his back rests against his chest.

Prince Tobio looks up at him, blinking his eyes, features completely expressionless. Then he looks back down at the ground. Iwaizumi comes over to them, canteen in hand. He helps Prince Tobio slowly but greedily drink from the pouch.

Iwaizumi bites his lip, "You're sure he'll be ok? He hasn't said a word in hours."

Oikawa nods, letting one hand wrap around the Prince's torso to pull him closer and keep him from falling over. His other hand smooths the boy's black hair, moving it out of his eyes and tucking a few strands behind his ears, "That creature, it gets into your head, sucks up all your emotions until you're completely dry. But the effect lasts only twelve hours max. It's prolonged exposure to them that can be deadly. Don't worry. He'll wake up his normal scowling self."

Iwaizumi purses his lips, still uncertain.

Oikawa smiles at Iwaizumi, nuzzling into his little brother's hair. He bats his eyes at his knight above the  smothering, "Plus, isn't he so much cuter like this? When he isn't saying stupid things and copying my every move?"

"You're such an ass," Iwaizumi sighs.

Oikawa giggles, helping Prince Tobio back to resting on the ground carefully, smoothing a few locks down one last time, "You'll take good care of him, Iwa-chan. I know it."

Iwaizumi narrows his eyes, "Oikawa."

Oikawa smiles at him, leaning forward to press a kiss on his forehead. Iwaizumi blinks at him, eyes still squinting. Oikawa stands up.

Iwaizumi's arm rockets out to grab the other's wrist, "Oikawa," he says slowyly, "You're coming back with us."

Oikawa's smile slips from his face and he lets his head shake sadly, "I can't go back, Iwa-chan. You know that. It was good seeing you. But I just... I can't go back."

Iwaizumi stares at him, standing up and refusing to loosen his grip on the Prince, "Then what are you going to do? Live in these shitty woods your whole life?"

"It's not so bad," Oikawa can't meet his eyes.

Iwaizumi forces him to do so by grabbing his collar and pulling him closer, "You're pissing me off," he warns, green eyes searching the shielded face, finding little to hold on to. His eyes widen and now he's shaking his head, incredulously, "Are you serious? The King's gone mad! Your people need you!"

Oikawa shoves him away, voice raising, "They don't want me. Not when they realize what I really am."

"Yes they will! Do you seriously believe what you're saying?" Iwaizumi grabs at him again, fingers digging into Oikawa's biceps.

"I'm a monster, Iwaizumi."

Iwaizumi slams their foreheads together, earning him a pained squawk from the other. Hopefully it also knocks some sense into Oikawa's thick skull, "You're not a monster! And if anyone tells you otherwise you have me to sort them out." He crouches down, grabbing Oikawa's collar once more to help pick him up off the ground, "Stop acting like you're all alone in this world! You have so many people who love and support you, just open your damn eyes!

Iwaizumi lets go of his collar, hands too shaky to keep holding on to him, "I support you. Yahaba supports you. Lord Takahiro and Matsukawa support you. Prince Tobio supports you. Hell! Even Ushiwaka supports you! Our people need you right now, Tooru, and if you go to them I know they'll accept you."

Oikawa stares at him, fingers digging into the dirt around them, squeezing tight as tears prickle at his eyes.

Iwaizumi stands up again, offering out his hand. Oikawa takes it, allowing himself to be hauled up. Iwaizumi looks at him sternly, hands still clasped, "Everyone in Aoba Johsai knows you're their rightful King. So come home, and take back what's always been yours."

Iwaizumi stumbles slightly as Oikawa pulls him close, pressing their lips together. After overcoming the initial shock he acquiesces easily. He wraps his arms around Oikawa's neck, arching his back to press closer against him, kissing him deeper.

Oikawa pulls away, head bent down to lean against Iwaizumi's shoulder, "Iwa-chan," Oikawa murmurs, "You're too good to me."

"You're too hard on yourself," Iwaizumi huffs gruffly, pulling back, "I'll be with you the whole time. You trust me, right?"

"I trust you," Oikawa responds, instantaneously, as if it's the one thing he's never had to overthink in his entire life.

Iwaizumi kisses him one more time before disentangling their arms all together. When he looks up he finds Oikawa smiling down at him, and the expression makes him flush, heat creeping up his neck to overtake his entire face.

Which reminds him.

"Oh, right," he mutters, tearing his gaze away from the loving look Oikawa is destroying him with to square up his face into a severe scowl, "What the fuck did you to my neck, Demon Boy?"

Oikawa blinks before realization dawns on his face and he laughs, sheepishly, "You noticed?"

Iwaizumi pulls back the cloth from his neck, "I didn't but the world sure did. Why'd you put a fucking pentagram on me, asshole?"

Oikawa puts his hands up in surrender, "I read about it in one of my books. Demons don't necessarily have corporeal forms, in the sense that humans do. To stay in the human world they need to anchor themselves to people, marking them in someway."

"Oh," Iwaizumi mutters, anger disipating, "So this was to make sure you didn't get lost in the demon realm or something?"

"Well yeah," Oikawa purses his lips, "But, since i'm half human I do have a corporeal form so it's not really necessary for me."

Iwaizumi's anger returns to him in full force, "I'm gonna fucking kill you."

"But!" Oikawa adds, quickly, "It also lets me link up with you if I need to."

"Link up?"

"Demons main interaction in our world is through possession. In other words, taking complete control of the host's body for however long they like. It's harder for me because, unlike most demons, I already have a body...and uh, when I possess something my body just kinda...sits there, empty. I don't want to lose it though, I mean, where could I ever find a body like this?"

"I'm gonna fucking kill you."

"Iwa-chan! I only ever did it to make sure you were safe. If I hadn't, that monster might have preyed on all of you! I would have had no idea where you were!" Oikawa insists, taking a step back.

"You fucking branded me without my permission. And now you're telling me you can get in my head whenever you want to? This is bullshit," Iwaizumi huffs, rubbing at the small mark on his neck.

"Only for emergencies! Don't worry!" Oikawa replies.

Iwaizumi rolls his eyes, "Is it a two way street atleast? Can I mess with your head?"

Oikawa shrugs, "I'm knew to all this as well. It's not like I've got someone teaching me. And, surprise, wild demons aren't that helpful." The Prince bites his lip, a smile teasing onto his face, "Plus, I think it's kinda cute."

"I'm gonna fucking kill you."