𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 30

They have to wait for Prince Tobio to recover before moving onwards, spending the rest of the next day setting out their plan of attack. Oikawa keeps his eyes peeled for any other worldly activity prowling nearby, while Iwaizumi patrols the area regularly for any Fukurodani citizens or officials. Luckily enough it seems the reputation of the forest keeps most people out.

Yahaba keeps an eye on Prince Tobio, giving him water and food as he slowly regains his wits. The scowl returns to his features as he draws into himself. And finally, by evening of the next day he is able to start speaking again, "I did not know you and Iwaizumi were..."

Iwaizumi reddens, Oikawa gives a chuckle, "Oh Tobio-chan, what ever would give you that idea?"

"You made out in front of me," Prince Tobio remarks, "Multiple times."

Oikawa's eyes twitch, "Ah, so, I guess, you remember everything, then, don't you?"

"Were you guys trying to be subtle about it?" Kyoutani barks by the fire he's finished making. Yahaba snickers into his hand, "I mean, you're even holding hands right now."

Oikawa pulls his hand away with a pout, finding it atop Iwaizumi's as if pulled by nature itself. Yahaba turns his face away to hide his laughter unsuccessfully. Prince Tobio glowers at it all.

Oikawa lets out a cough, clearing his throat and changing the conversation completely, "Now that we're awake, Tobio, dear, is it true what Iwa-chan says? That you have no interest in being the heir?" Oikawa asks, leaning closer.

Prince Tobio looks away, fingers pulling at the grass around him, "I'm not even fourteen yet," he mutters.

"But when you're of age? What then?" Oikawa presses.

Prince Tobio's face reddens, and Oikawa squints his eyes at him. When the boy gives no more answer, Oikawa lets out a sigh, leaning back, "Well, you have time to think it over. How long did it take you all to get here?"

"Years," Kyoutani groans.

"A couple months," Yahaba clarifies.

"Well, do we want to take the same route through Shiratorizawa? Or just enter from the Karasuno border into Aoba Johsai. It would be faster that way," Oikawa wonders aloud.

"But the King would know about it and try to stop us," Iwaizumi reminds.

"Unless," Oikawa continues, a smirk alighting his features, "He doesn't know I'm the one coming back," his eyes sweep the area before falling back on Prince Tobio, extending an arm to wrap around his shoulder, "What if it's just his dear, favorite son heeding his beck and call and returning home? I'm sure he would be very excited to get his heir back into the castle as soon as possible."

Prince Tobio tenses at the idea, fingers digging into his drawn up knees.

Iwaizumi scratches his chin, "That could work, but, we have like, two horses and five people to bring. Four of those people can't be seen or your cover is blown. There's no way."

"Iwa-chan, you have so little faith. Leave the strategizing to me," Oikawa assures, "I'm certain Karasuno would love to lend Prince Tobio a carriage to head home in as a symbol of our growing partnership," he squeezes Prince Tobio's shoulder, even as the boy tries to shrug him off.

Iwaizumi helps pry Oikawa off of his brother's side, luring him away to give the teen some reprieve from his meddling touch. Of course that only invites Oikawa's meddling touch on his own person, something he's not quite used to but not necessarily averse to either.

It's still weird. To go from spending years apart, weeks getting closer, and months with nothing at all to Oikawa's constant touch. It makes him dizzy. He's learned more things about his Prince in these past two days then he had in the last four years. Like how Oikawa loves to kiss him, needs to kiss him, not necessarily on the lips but anywhere and everywhere he can get a hold of. Constantly pecking at his cheeks, his forehead, his eyelids. Tonguing at his neck, his hands, every square of skin allowed him. As if tortured with a thirst only Iwaizumi can quench.