Part 5

**Max's POV**

Feeling frustrated, I walk over to my desk and place my bag on top of it as I sit down. Why do they have to be like that? I already tried to explain to them how I can't bring myself to actually talk to him. Just the thought makes my skin crawl. They probably think that it's okay for me to care about Tul because he's human, so he'll probably die in his 90's and then I'll be free to move on but what I haven't told them yet is that I have a really bad gut feeling about the future.

I don't think I'm going to have a happy ending...

At that, Tul and Xing walk into the class holding hands and neither of them look happy. I could see that Zee is still nowhere to be found. Where the hell is he? Right when I was about to look down at my paper, Tul looks over at me with an intense stare and I could feel my mouth going dry.

Why is he looking at me?

He never looks at me...

Being the first one to break eye contact, I look down as I begin to blush and try to focus on the papers placed around me. I really don't enjoy this class but I need to take it to be able to graduate with the degree I want. I understand that Win has his reasons for always going back to school but I am sooo bored at this point. I think I've taken the same English class 5 times in the past 80 years.

Tul: He places a pencil on my desk that I hadn't realized rolled off. "You dropped this... Hey your Max right?"

Not being able to comprehend that he was actually talking to me for the first time in 3 years, I just vigorously nod my head yes not being able to form any actual words.

Tul: He flashes me such a handsome smile before sitting down on the other side of the room next to Xing. "See you around Max."

All I could do was just stare after him like an idiot as Xing turns around in her seat and starts to glare at me.

Damn...

What did I ever do to her?

Taking my glance off of the two of them, I try to steady my breathing as the teacher walks in and starts class. I am so happy Win woke me up now...

If only Tul could smile at me like that every day...

Yes I know that it will never happen but a man can dream.

I aimlessly daydream throughout the rest of the class not even caring about paying attention anymore. I really need to talk to Tong! He's the only one that actually has any experience talking to anyone he likes, let alone dating someone. Sadly I wouldn't be able to go to Win about any of this because he also doesn't have any experience, he was always worrying about me and protecting me to have any free time to go and look for someone.

Plus the fact that Win is absolutely terrible at flirting!

By the time my class had ended, I could feel my face going back to its original color and my body stopped over heating but all of that was for nothing when I looked up before standing and saw Tul looking at me with another brilliant smile of his before raising his hand to wave at me and then disappeared around the corner of the classroom.

Crap...

I was just calming down too.

It's cool man, all I have to do is make sure that he doesn't actually start to hang around me and I'll be okay, I can't afford to get close to him. I don't want to accidently hurt him...

Plus he has a girlfriend and they obviously look very much in love.

I can't ruin that for him...