Part 10

**Tul's POV**

What the fuck just happened?

It all kind of happened in a blur but I'm pretty sure I just saw what I think I saw...

After I pressed my shoulder into him and playfully got close to him to see his reaction he pulled back. I was afraid that I had scared him off by being too forward but instead what I saw was something I didn't want to believe. His beautiful chocolate brown eyes slowly started to change into a bright blue and he had a hand up to his face in a panic.

That could only mean one thing...

Max was a vampire...

I shake my head angrily as I watch him panic and run out of the classroom. No I don't want to believe it. Maybe he'll have a good explanation for all of this.

I don't want to believe that I made the same mistake my sister had made... 

I couldn't have fallen in love with a vampire it's just not possible...

This past month has been the happiest ive ever been since she died 3 years ago. At first I had followed Max around as a joke but once I spent time with him I could feel myself changing when I was around him. After the first week Xing and I had gotten into a really big fight but I had just told her that I was trying to make a new friend because having only her and Zee as friends was driving me insane. Thankfully that shut her up for the time being and she left me alone for the most part.

Once I knew she wouldn't be a problem anymore, I talked our teacher into giving us group projects and I grabbed the opportunity to become Max's partner. I wanted to get closer to him with this. I was hoping we could try to be together.

One month with him made me feel more alive than the 4 years I've spent with Xing...

This isn't right, I need to prove that he's not one of them.

I get out of my seat and bow in apology to our teacher before running after him with both of our stuff. I figured he would disappear into one of the bathrooms and it would just be smart if it was the closest one.

Please be wrong...

As I get closer to the bathroom I can feel my hands shaking and my mind going blank.

I don't want to hurt him...

Taking one last deep breath, I shove the door open feeling kind of pissed off as I walk in and stop in my tracks. He had turned around to stare at me in shock with wide blue eyes as water dripped down his face. He steps back and tries to wipe his face with his sleeve as he walks right into the wall with nowhere else to go.

Not being able to register what I was doing I pull out my pistol from the back of my pants and point it at his chest. Every hunter always carry's a gun on them with wooden bullets in it. It's just an extra precaution.

Shit now my cover is blown too...

He lifts his hands up in a plea as realization dawns on him that I'm a hunter.

He looked scared...

I try to take a step toward him with my gun still pointing at his chest.

Max: Panicking. "Tul please don't come any closer to me, I don't want to hurt you. Please let me explain..."

Half of me didn't want to listen to him and just shoot him on the spot to get it over with but the other part of me, the part that's been falling for him the past month convinced me otherwise as I stood in my tracks about 5 feet away from him.

Tul: "You have 5 minutes. Speak before I change my mind..."

Please say something good because I really don't want to kill you...

Max: He takes a deep breath and looks down as his hands are trembling. "I promise I'm not a threat... You are the only one that makes me feel like I'm going to lose control. Other than you, I'm not affected by anyone else ever. I'm not even supposed to be affected by you but I still am for some reason."

Okay that didn't really help me change my mind at all. Just made me feel slightly creeped out...

Tul: "I don't understand what you're saying. Half-bloods don't have self-control."

What the actual fuck...

He was laughing, like an actually grab your stomach belly laugh.

Tul: "Why are you laughing? None of this is funny."

Max: His smile kind of disappears but he seems a little more relaxed now and it makes me feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, I know this isn't a laughing matter but I couldn't help it. I think you have some of your facts are wrong. To start off, what you just said was wrong. Not all half-bloods are ravaging mad men. You know my friend Tong? He's a half-blood and I don't think I've ever seen him lose control and my second point is that I am not a half-blood, I'm actually a pure blood."

That can't be possible, the 10 families have a list of all pure bloods and Zee and I made sure to know who were pure bloods at our school.

Tul: "I know your lying because I made sure to check out all the pure bloods before starting the school year here. I knew that Win was one but I just figured you and Tong were human because pure bloods don't usually hand out with Half-bloods since there considered vermin."

I could see that my statement had made him nervous because he starts to avoid my eye contact again and doesn't respond for a while.

Tul: Starting to lose my patience. " If you won't tell me the truth then I might as well get rid of yo..."

Max: Whispering. "I'm a second born... I'm not supposed to exist, that's why you didn't find me on the list..."

I couldn't hold it in, I kneeled over and just busted out laughing. A second born? That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That's been forbidden for such a long time, no one in their right mind would break that law. It's a straight death sentence

Tul: "That's not possible."

Max: *sigh* He points at the sink. "Is there still water in that sink?"

Huh? Why is that important?

Tul: raising a questionable eyebrow. "Why?"

Max: He starts to move his hand. "Because I didn't think you would believe me to begin with so I'll have to resort to showing you something I've never shared with anyone before. Not even my brother..."

Still feeling confused as fuck I just stare at him until I saw something that made my brain go blank for the second time that day.

There was little droplets of water just hanging in the air around my face and when I looked up Max was just smiling.

Max: With a whisper. "See?"

Tul: I could feel myself loosing strength in my arms as I lower the gun from his chest and just stare at the weird sight Infront of me. "How are you doing that?"

Max: He shrugs his shoulders and smiles again. "I don't really know, I had an accident one day a long time ago and almost drowned when I found out that I couldn't..."

Tul: I reached out my hand completely forgetting the problem at hand as I poke the water causing It to break into smaller little bubbles. "That is amazing, no wonder you're not suppose to be born."

The water falls to the floor as he flinches.

Shit...

Tul: "I'm sorry that's not what I meant... Uhm, you can leave... I need to wrap my head around everything that's going on. I won't hesitate to kill you if you fuck up though. You understand me?"

He nods his head still looking a little hurt as he makes a big circle around me so that he doesn't break the 5 feet distance and picks up his bag that I had dropped at the door.

Max: "Thank you..."

Once he was gone I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate as my mind tried to process everything that just happened.

Why did I let him go?

Why couldn't I kill him?

What the fuck did I just do...