The Bar (part two)

Apparently Ming is in love. Not just a crush, but a real love to stand the test of time. According to him, of course. Forth hoped it was true. Ming had come back after a weekend away a little over a month ago with a smile that made him look like a little kid going to his first candy store. He said everything felt magical and every time he came back from seeing that special someone, Ming looked happier. After his disastrous relationship with Kit, he deserved someone who made him happy and treated him well.

Ming's lover worked and lived in a small bar at the edge of campus. The bar was small, with little space for dancing, but a popular college hangout. It was made popular by a university student who came to sing there each evening and was said to be so good that people came back just to hear him. Forth could only hope he wouldn't have to see the singer when he went to meet Ming's new boyfriend. It wasn't that Forth didn't like music, or that the singer had done anything wrong, but it was a reminder of a very difficult time in his life.

**Flashback**

"What are you saying?" Forth said angrily, glaring at the man in front of him. "Beam, we started dating last month. We had sex last night. No one cheats this soon unless they live in Hollywood."

"It was just a mistake," Beam replied, looking nervously at his boyfriend. "I had a crush on him for awhile, but he had a boyfriend so I didn't think I'd ever have a chance."

"So he broke up and you just jumped into bed with him? Did you even think about us?"Forth was obviously angry and talking loudly.

"He didn't break up, they just got in an argument," Beam started and continued quickly when Forth's face took on a purplish shade. "I was trying to support him as a friend and it just happened."

"Wait, was this when Kit and Ming argued weeks ago and I couldn't reach you all night?" Forth took a deep breath, trying to understand. Beam nodded unhappily. "Are you still sleeping with him?

"No! I don't want him anymore. I love you," Beam said. "But I can't lie. It wasn't just that one time."

"How long have you been cheating on me? Why Kit? I thought he loved Ming!"

"Kit isn't in love with Ming," Beam whispered, finally spilling the whole truth. "We've been having sex for weeks, behind your backs. I only started dating you because Kit didn't want anyone to be suspicious about the two of us. He didn't want to hurt Ming."

"Wait! You started dating me and even had sex with me to hide the fact that you were screwing someone who was already taken!"

"It wasn't like that, really, it just got so complicated. I didn't know I would fall in love with you," Beam cowered before Forth's anger. "I stopped meeting him, as soon as I knew for sure that I loved you."

"What are you? A whore? I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for you," Forth grabbed Beam's shoulders and shook him for a moment before seeming to come to his senses. "If you're not still fucking him, why did you even tell me?"

"I just couldn't keep lying to you," Beam whispered, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I know it was wrong. I should never have agreed to date you before Kit and I were over. It was a shitty thing to do. Please, just give me a chance. I love you, I promise nothing like this will ever happen again."

"Stop!" Forth shouted as Beam clung to his arms, begging. "Just give me some time. I don't want to see you for awhile, I need to think."

After that, Forth walked. He walked until his legs started to hurt and he wasn't sure where he was. Using his phone to get his bearings, he turned back toward campus. He was nearly home when he saw a shabby looking bar. If there was ever a man in the world who needed a stiff drink at this moment, it was him.