Nineteen

I feel arm wrap around my body but I don't feel it

I feel arm wrap around my body but I don't feel it. My eyes stay on Damon's body as it moves further and further from me. Please don't take him from me.. my eyes look up at the roof above my head as my mind speaks the words. I feel myself being lifted off the ground and carried out of the apartment.

Salty tears touch my lips as I shutter into another sobbing fit. "He'll pay, Hanna. He'll pay" Damien murmurs in my ear as he hauls me off to Damon's car. I can't even see the surroundings that pass by me. My entire body is lifeless yet it's still breathing. I didn't know what wanting to die for someone was until I heard that gun shot.

I wish I was in his place. I wish I could have stopped it. I'd die for him, in a heartbeat. Without a second thought. I'd die for him. Tears stream down my cheeks and settle soaking my cheeks and lips once again. I don't even register Damien beside me. I can't. All I know is I need to get to him. They need to save him. He has to come back to me.

Once the car comes to a stopping motion outside the hospital I don't even think. The door to the car flies open and my legs race across the hard surface towards the entrance of the building. "Hanna!" Damien yells behind me. I barely hear a word leave his mouth as I race into the hospital. I manage to stop running when I get to the nurses desks my eyes are filled with so much pain I know the register it.

"Damon Saint, he was just- just b-brought in here" I sob. The nurse nods and types up on her computer before she looks up at me. "He's in surgery, you can wait in here, honey" she replies sympathetically. I don't want her bloody sympathy! I want Damon! My legs buckle causing me to collapse to the ground leaning my weight against the nurses desk.

Pulling my knees to my chest I don't stop them as more tears escape my eyes. I'm not waiting another fucking minute. When Damon opens his eyes, because he will. He has to know I love him. I can't go another day without him knowing how I feel. The sons rack through my body as Soren kneels next to me with softened eyes.

Instantly I latch onto him crying into his chest as I pour out every last emotion that consumes me. "Miss" the nurse utters. How long has it been? How long have I been sitting here? Is he dead- no Damon.. you can't- you have to live for me. "You can visit him," she replies, coming around the desk. My legs act on their own instinct as I practically leap to my feet to face her.

"Surgery took about two hours and he's somewhat stable so you can see him. The doctor confirmed" she smiles at me. I look back at Damien and Soren as they nod as I rush down the hall to the number on the door he's behind. My legs crumble when I see him lying on the bed motionless. Another sob racks through my body as I slump down in the chair beside the hospital bed.

Resting my head against his arm I sob again. He's okay- heMa going to be okay. My heart does another crack as I watch his motionless body. Pulling the chair closer I lay my head away from his shot wound and close my eyes. Just being near him makes me want to be a better person. Damon being with me, around me makes me not want to hurt myself. I'm shattered and utterly broken but he managed to squeeze his big ass ego into my life and capture my heart.

Damon Saint was the death of me. I cling to his body more tears staining my cheeks. I promised myself I wouldn't get attached. I said I wouldn't fall for anyone and bring them down with me but look what happened. Damon got shot because he was saving me. I don't even remember the last thought in my head as I must have fallen asleep next to him.

Someone strokes my hair as my eyes flutter to stay closed. I'm exhausted. Drained. I don't want to feel. "Hanna" a voice whispers into my hair. I know that voice. My eyes shoot open and I peer up at him. His dark swollen eyes and cut lip as he watches me with soft eyes and a smile pulled at the corner of his lips. A sob escapes me as I bury my face in his chest.

They didn't take him from me. They didn't.. I lose my breath as I cry again at the one thought I have. He's not going anywhere. "It's okay, Hanna," he whispers, stroking my hair again. It's not though. He almost died. How could it be okay if I lost him. "If I lost you- if you died saving me.." I sob. Damon smiles resting his hand on my cheek, as his thumb rubs soft circles.

"You're my addiction. The one thing I can't shake. My biggest fucking hiccup in life. I'd gladly give my life for you. Hanna- you don't get it do you.. I-." He stops mid sentence and watches me. "I love you" I blurt out. His hand cups my cheek as he brings his lips down to mine. "I love you too" he whispers against my lips before he deepens the kiss and all passion be damned.

He loves me. Those words bring my heart back to life as I drag my fingers through his hair. The words I've been waiting to hear since he rescued me from death at my grandparents house. The words I've been waiting to hear since he pushed me away. "Have we all kissed and made up" Damien's voice rings through the room. Pulling away my eyes lock with his as he smiles at me.

Damon returns his brother's smile as I rest my head back onto the bed beside him. Soren's blonde hair comes into view as he stays back. Sadness filling his eyes. "The doctors said, hockey is off the table until your gunshot wound heals" Damien says taking a seat in the chair on the opposite side of me. Damon nods as his fingers slide through my brown hair.

I still can't wrap my head around it. He loves me. I smile and wrap his good arm around me closing my eyes again as love fills my shattered broken heart. Healing it for the better. He made me feel things I didn't know I could. He made emotions fall from my heart I didn't think was possible. Not a chance I'm hell I'm ever taking this for granted.

"Can we be alone? I mean yeah I'm fine thank you for checking on me but I have to ask Hanna something" Damon speaks up. Damien chuckles before he drags Soren from the room leaving us all alone. His hands find my chin and he pulls my face to meet his. "Lock the door" he instructs. My eyes widen. In a hospital? In a- I don't know how to- Ignoring my thoughts I get up off the chair and head to the hospital door.

Quickly switching the lock on I wander back over to Damon with my lip in my mouth. "I don't know what I'm doing- as you know." I mutter. He smiles and pulls me towards him. "I can help you, I won't make you feel uncomfortable or weird" he says pressing his lips to my hand. Pulling down the hospital blanket I set it on the chair beside me as I eye him cautiously. "What about your wound?" I whisper.

"I've had worse things happen" he grins at me. I smile softly and eye the hospital gown. "Can I-." I whisper eyeing where I know he awaits me. Damon nods watching me with lust filled eyes. Where's about to do this? In a hospital room. Oh god. Lifting his hospital gown I already know my eyes bulged out of my skull at the sight of him. "That- that monstrous thing was hiding there the entire time!" My words come out more in a whisper then what they sound in my own head.