Chapter 2- You're my little brother now

Asta packed a few pair of clothes and one piece of bread into his backpack then he decided to sneak out of the church at nighttime so no one would notice him leaving. Well, it still would have worked if he left in the morning or at lunch time since everyone would be too focused on the pride of their village Yuno to pay attention to him, sometimes they ignored Asta so much he even wondered if they even noticed he was there, Asta knew that Yuno noticed he was there though, but of course he noticed Asta was there, he would want to insult him or look down on him so he would notice Asta was there.

Asta tip toed towards the church's front door then he heard foot steps so he hid underneath a table that was randomly there. Asta saw that the foot steps he heard belonged to a sleepy Orsi.

"Huh? I thought I heard someone here? Maybe not, if there was I was going to make them leave before they disturb Yuno's peaceful sleep, can't have the pride of our village unhappy. Looks like there's no one here though, might as well get some water I'm thirsty." said Orsi to himself.

Asta was not happy when he heard that the man that raised him was only worried that the noise might wake up his older brother Yuno, the pride of the village, 'Running away is probably the best idea.'  thought Asta.

As soon as Orsi went back to his room, Asta left the church and ran as fast as he can away from the village that neglected him for his brother.

Timeskip the next day*

It's now the next day, it's not morning anymore, in fact, it's about three in the afternoon. Asta slept on the streets and hasn't woken up since the night before. No he wasn't attacked or anything, he was just tired since he barely got any sleep the night before. He slowly opened his eyes and he realized his surroundings were not the same as his old village, the started to panic but then memories flashed in his head of the night before, he soon calmed down after remembering he left the village, he ran away from the church and now he's in a different place.

Asta walked around the village exploring the place then, his stomach growled. This looked into to his back and searched through it and found one single piece of bread in his backpack. 'Damn it, I'm so stupid, I should have packed more food. Damn, if I was Yuno then he would know to pack more food and he would find out ways to survive since he's way smarter than me. Wait...NO! The thing I want the least in my mind is Yuno, he's the reason I'm here in the first place, he's the reason that drove me to leave with his arrogance and looking down on me. I was neglected. I should probably eat now, I'm pretty hungry, maybe eating will get Yuno off my mind.'  thought Asta.

As soon as Asta was about to take a bite, he saw two young girls that looks quite similar to each other, he assumed they were siblings. One of the girls looked older than the other girl who looked like she was the same age as him, they both looked hungry like they haven't eaten for a long time, it looked like they were living on the streets.......like him, he no longer has a home anymore. He approached the girls which made the older female step in front of her younger sister in a protect way which made Asta smile at the girl protecting her younger sibling, 'I wish Yuno and I were like this.'  thought Asta.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you nor your little sister. Here." said Asta holding out his piece of bread.

The older girl relaxed and took the piece of bread from Asta's hand and bowed down to him.

"Thank you very much uh......."

"My name is Asta." said Asta.

"I am Mei and this is my younger sister Mimosa. Thank you very much for the food, we haven't eaten for a long time. Is there any way for us to repay you?" asked Mei.

"There is." said Asta.

"What is it?" asked Mei.

"Take care of your sister." said Asta.

Mei looked surprised at Asta's answer, he was being very kind not demanding anything big.

"Why would you want me to repay you like that?" asked Mei.

"I guess, it's the way I see you protecting your younger sister. Plus, I kind of wished my ex-older brother and I was like that..." replied Asta.

Mei instantly felt bad for the boy, 'He must have not had a good relationship with his ex-older brother, it looks like he ran away.'  thought Mei.

"Thank you so much again. I will take care of my sister. But, if in the future we meet again, I will try and repay my debt." said Mei bowing down.

"Thank you Asta-san." said Mimosa.

"No problem, by the way, how old are you? You look the same age as me." said Asta.

"I'm seven." replied Mimosa.

"Cool! I'm seven as well! You're the same age as me!" said Asta.

"Really Asta-san?" asked Mimosa.

"Mhm. By the way you don't have to add 'san' at the end. Just call me Asta, we're the same age right." said Asta.

"Ok then Asta." replied Mimosa then the two siblings walked away.

Then, a shadow was over Asta, he turned around and saw a man with a mask and a short yellow cape with a golden sun on it.

"Who are you?" asked Asta.

"I am William Vangeance. I saw what you did there, it's very kind of you. At such young age as well." said the male now known as William Vangeance.

William took Asta to a restaurant and they started eating.

"So I over heard your conversation. You said you wish you and your ex-older brother were like how the two girls were?" asked William.

"Yeah, we didn't have the greatest relationship, I didn't have one with my family either. We live at a church and we were both raised as brothers and they all loved us. On our fifth birthday Yuno unlocked powerful wind magic and they started training him. He became our village's pride and the villagers thought I would also unlock powerful like him but I didn't. They started ignoring me treating my brother like a prince and Yuno became arrogant, he looked down on me and.....I ran away." replied Asta in a sad tone.

William's eyes softened looking at the young boy.

"So, did you not unlock powerful magic?" asked William.

"No, I haven't even unlocked my magic yet." replied Asta.

"Well then there's still hope, they shouldn't have tossed you away like that for Yuno. Which village are you from?" asked William.

"Hage village." replied Asta.

"The boonies huh? I'm from the capital." said William.

Asta's eyes widened.

"The capital!? Cool! Wait, why are you here if you live in the capital? Even though I'm not sure where I am, this is definitely not the capital." said Asta.

"I came here for sight seeing." replied William.

"Oh." said Asta.

"So.....you said your last relation ship with your ex-older brother wasn't good...........how about I become your older brother?" asked William.

This sentence made Asta's eyes sparkle.

"YES! But, why would you want to have a younger brother like me? I'm useless in the villager's eyes. I haven't unlocked my magic either." said Asta.

"Don't worry. You're my little brother now." said William with a reassuring smile which made Asta smile as well.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!