Chapter 3-Magic unlocked

It's been a year after Asta left the church, a year since he left his ex-village, a year since William adopted Asta and a full year that Asta has been officially known as Asta Vangeance. Asta is now eight years old and his birthday was celebrated after two years of being neglected. Asta also knows that his older brother William is the captain of the Golden Dawn magic knight squad. It's a Saturday morning and William has just woke up, he went downstairs and started cooking breakfast for his little brother and him. He dropped his spatula in surspise hearing a scream belonging to his little brother Asta, echoing through the mansion. He immediately ran upstairs using speed increase magic rushing to his younger brother's room panicking, 'Is he in danger? Is he ok? I hope I make it in time if something bad is happening to him.'  thought William panicking. He busted down his brother's bedroom door and saw his little brother with black onyx chains surrounding him and a dragon with black midnight scales, pure white eyes and slit pupils flying in front of him while he had his knee against his chest covering his face.

William immediately grabbed him grimoire from his grimoire holder around his waist and opened it flicking through the pages, he stopped at a page and casted a spell.

"Nature magic: tree vines." said William.

Tree vines started wrapping around the black onyx chains surrounding Asta and the black dragon preventing them to move. Asta looked up and saw William rushing towards him and pulled him into a hug.

"Asta what happened?" asked William.

"I don't know. I woke up and tried to get out of bed but then suddenly, black chains started appearing and surrounding me and a dragon with black scales appeared." replied Asta.

"We'll go to the wizard king later, he knows a lot." said William.

Asta's eyes sparkled when he heard his older brother say 'wizard king'. Julius Novachrono the wizard king started taking care of Asta when his older brother William had to go on missions and when he was busy dealing with his squad, Julius and Asta spent lots of time together since William had a lot of work to do, Asta would also play with Marx who is Julius's assistant as well.

"That means I'll get to see uncle Julius right?" asked Asta.

"yes you will, I did say we'll see the wizard king and he is the wizard king after all." replied William.

Then, the black chains disappeared but the black dragon did not, William stared at the dragon and saw it meant no harm at all so he released it. William and Asta went downstairs into the kitchen and the black dragon followed behind them.

"Why does the dragon keep follow us?" asked Asta.

William looked at the creature and realized something.

"I don't think it's following us, it's following you Asta." replied William.

Asta looked at the dragon making eye contact with it then he turned back to his older brother and looked at him with a confused look.

"What do you mean? Wouldn't it want to follow someone strong like you?" asked Asta.

"It is following you Asta, plus, I believe you are strong as well. The black chains this morning might have something to do with the dragon." said William.

William finished making breakfast and the two siblings started eating breakfast. Asta was also feeding the dragon which the dragon ate with sparkles in its eyes, William looked at Asta and the dragon then smiled, 'looks like they're getting along. The dragon is definitely here for Asta, not me.' thought William.

Timeskip*

The two siblings finished their breakfast and walked through the village towards the wizard king's castle. They entered the castle and saw Marx walking by.

"Oh hello William and Asta." said Marx.

"Hello Marx, we need some help from the wizard king, something happened this morning." said William looking back at the black dragon.

"Alright then, follow me." said Marx.

The trio and the dragon arrived at the Julius's office then they knocked three times and heard him say 'come in'. They opened the door and saw Julius at sitting on a chair.

"Oh, looks like William and Asta is also here. Hello William and Asta, what brings you here?" asked Julius.

"Hello uncle Julius!" said Asta happily.

Julius chuckled at Asta's spirit.

"We need a little help, Asta has gotten a dragon friend." said William.

The black dragon flew down and landed on Asta's head sitting on his ash blond hair. Julius being a magic geek he is, had sparkles in his eyes.

"Asta how did he(the dragon is a boy and they know) become your friend?" asked Julius.

"I woke up and black chains appears surrounding me and he appeared as well." answered Asta.

"We came here because we want you to help." continued William.

"What a fascinating thing that happened to Asta. I'll check on it for you." said Julius.

Timeskip*

Julius spent the whole morning and lunch researching while Marx looked after Asta and William organised his squad. When William came back, Julius was done researching and told everyone that Asta unlocked his magic which was shadow and dark magic, the black scaled dragon was also a spirit of the dark that chose Asta which Asta named Kuro which means black, Kuro looked like he really liked it as well.

Since William had time, he helped Asta control his magic for the rest of the day which he felt like was worth it.

"Asta you did it! You are able to control you chains now." said William.

Asta cheered in response. William ruffled Asta's hair.

"I'm so proud of you little brother. I never regret becoming your older brother, not one bit." said William.

"Thank you big brother!" said Asta happily.

A tiny bit of white fire sparked from kuro's mouth in happiness.

"I've finally unlocked my magic." said Asta.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like this chapter. I decided to give Asta magic because why not?

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!