Seize The Day

Cameron POV

I'm nervous and scared, I can't deny it. I'm following Nash, he's driving his car and I'm driving mine, both packed with all of our belongings and we're headed to Stanford University to begin our freshmen year. Nash chose kinesiology as his major, he wants to be an athletic trainer once he's done with playing Lacrosse. I chose Pre-med, a lot of people were surprised but my experience with Nash in the hospital really made me interested in medicine as a career.

I'm mainly scared of being in a new place and making new friends. I struggled so much my freshmen year in high school and even though I have Nash with me, I still worry about it. I know he'll make friends fast, he's not shy like I am and he's part of that elite group of students who are on an athletic scholarship. I'm scared that he'll leave me behind once he makes his new friends, he promised me he wouldn't. He was actually offended that I was worried about that, but I can't help it.

We finally reach the university and park next to each other. We already said our goodbyes to our friends and family, we decided we wanted to move in on our own. Most of our friends ended up at University of California, they tried so hard to make us change our minds about attending Stanford but Nash didn't want to give us his dream and I supported him with that decision.

We get out of our cars and stretch, it was a long ride and we did it without stopping. Nash walks over to me and wraps his arms around me, he presses his lips against mine gently and I smile into the kiss.

"I missed you, baby." He tells me sweetly as he pulls back. We decided that we wouldn't be shy about our relationship. There's no reason to hide, especially in a university where the likelihood of anyone giving a fuck about us is slim to none.

"Mmm, I missed you too. Just happy we made it here so fast," I reply as I wrap my arms around his neck. We, of course, chose to be roommates we figured we'd put our beds together to make one big bed.

"Should we eat first before moving in?" Nash asks me and he rubs my lower spine gently. My stomach growls and I laugh softly.

"I guess that answers your question," I tell him as I pull away. I lock my car and get into Nash's car. He looks down at his phone, searching for a near by place to eat.

"In and out?" He asks me and I nod at him. Burgers sound excellent.

We stuff ourselves with the most greasy, wonderful burgers in the U.S and then we head back to the dorms and start to move in. The dorms here are actually really nice, they look more like a bedroom at home than a dorm. We're on our last trip of carrying things from out car when Nash is stopped by a guy. I stop behind him, listening to their conversation.

"Hey, you're Nash Grier right?" The stranger asks, and Nash nods but looks confused.

"I'm Nate, captain of the Lacrosse team. Coach showed me your stuff and we're really excited to have you join our squad." Nate says smiling, he shows off his dimples as his eyes check Nash out and I can see the interest in his eyes. I unconsciously step closer to Nash and Nate's eyes flicker to me, but he doesn't acknowledge me at all.

"Hey, Nate. Good to meet you!" Nash exclaims, he's definitely excited to start playing Lacrosse. But why does the captain have to be so good looking and why does he have to clearly be interested in Nash.

I try to get rid of the insecurity that's building inside of me. Nash promised me forever, he gave me a ring and a necklace to solidify it. I have nothing to be worried about.

They are finished talk and Nate has already left when I'm pulled from my thoughts. I'm kind of salty that Nash didn't introduce me but I let it go. He's probably too excited at the prospect of Lacrosse to remember social etiquette of introduction.

We start unpacking and I'm hanging up pictures of us and our friends on our bulletin board. Nash comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, he presses soft kisses on my neck. My eyes flutter shut and I let out a small moan.

"You've been quiet for a while, baby. Anything wrong?" He asks me sweetly. I bask in his caress and take in a deep breath.

"Mmm nothing is wrong, just tired from the long drive and all the unpacking," I tell him a half truth. I just don't want to seem clingy, he literally did nothing wrong. It's just my overactive imagination, just my insecurities popping up.

He sucks gently at that spot on my neck and I lay my head back on his shoulder.

" We can take a break if you want," he offers. "I could go for a nap."

"We're almost done, I'd rather finish instead of having that hang over my head." I reply and he presses one more kiss before stepping back.

"Mmm, okay. But I want cuddles when we're done." He says, laughing softly as he slaps my ass lightly.

"Hmmm cuddles or something else," I tease him as I continue hanging up pictures.

"Something else but can you blame me? How am I supposed to resist that booty?"

I laugh at Nash's antics, he knows exactly what to say to make me feel better even when he doesn't know what's wrong.

I have nothing to worry about.

A/N- short chapter I know! But I'll be updating regularly! What do you guys think??