twenty

Saturday 9:00am

Saturday 9:00am

All week I have been trying to tell Nalani that I'm leaving the practice but I don't know how she will react.

Ever since she started staying with me temporarily we've gotten closer but I still haven't told her who my parents were yet.

I want to ask her out also but I feel like it's still to soon and I want to respect her and give her space.

"You know I finally told Veah about what happened with Bryan" Nalani said drying the dishes and putting them away.

She had made us waffles and bacon for breakfast and them shits were good as fuck. I also told her to let me wash the dishes but she refused.

"what did she say" I asked leaning against the counter.

"She was mad that she was just now hearing about it but she was glad and happy for me that I finally left. She said all she wanted for me was to be happy and Bryan wasn't making it easy for me to be" she said

"Well as long as your happy, that's all that matters" I said

'I want you to be happy with me' a small voice in the back of my head said.

"Yea... I'm just glad I moved on cause I'm  finally ready to be happy even if i'm with someone or not" she said "oh yea I have great news..... I found a new place and I'm moving tomorrow night" she said smiling and putting her elbows on the counter and leaning on them.

Not gonna lie I liked having her live with me. But it's true what they say... All good things must come to an end.

"Oh I'm happy for you... but I also have something I need to tell you. I've been trying to tell you all week but I couldn't find the right moment-"

"Landon you can tell me" she said coming closer and putting her hand on mine

"My dad.... is Dr. Armon Miller and he wants me to take over his practice, so he and my mom can spend more time together" I said

I wasn't going to beat around the bush. If I was going to tell her, I wasn't going to try and sugarcoat it.

"Oh...." she said taking her hand off mine

My hand suddenly felt cold at the lost of her touch.

"Nala.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you it's just that I was upset with my dad for 4 years and all I wanted was an apology, and he finally gave me it. He's been wanting me to take over the practice since I graduated medical school and-" I rambled looking off to the side.