thirty-eight

Tuesday January 5, 20211:10pm

1:10pm

I had 1 patient so far today and didn't have anymore until 3:45pm.

I was currently in my office working on the expansion for the practice until Landon texted and told me he was outside.

We had our first ultrasound appointment today and I was a tad bit nervous because it's just now hitting me that I'm gonna have a baby.

I grabbed my phone and bag and headed out.

I spot his car and he gets out and opens the passenger door for me. Once he gets back into the car, he pecks my on the lips.

"How was your day so far" he asked as he drove off.

"Tiring even though I only had one patient. I just feel nauseous and a bit dizzy" I said. "How was yours" I asked

"Well I had 2 patients and this older lady tried to flirt with me. It was quite funny cause she was old enough to be my mother. She was talking bout how I was a very handsome young man and asking if I had a girl" he said chuckling and I joined.

"That happened to me once but it was this boy who was 14. He was blushing like crazy and his mother was just snickering in the back. He wasn't flirting though, he was just nervous and had a crush on me" I said

"Well if I was his age, I would have had a crush on you too" he said smiling and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You kinda did have a crush on me but you were 8" I said smiling

"Yea but at least I put on my big boy pants and kissed you" he said

"But you ran away right after and I never saw your ass again until 22 years later" I said chuckling

"True... but 22 years later I got you and your having my baby too. So I call that a win in my book" he said

"It's funny cause when you kissed me I thought I was pregnant when I wasn't and then 22 years later you had sex with me and now I'm actually pregnant" I chuckled

"Yea and I can't wait to have the baby in my arms" he said excitedly

"me too but I'm not looking forward to carrying it" I said.

"It will all be worth it" he said putting his hand on my thigh.

I can tell Landon always wanted kids by the just by the way he talks about our unborn child.

We continued to talk until we reached the office. I had been going here since I was 21 and they were so friendly.

Landon opened the door for me and we walked inside towards the front desk.

"Hi.. Nalani King for Dr. Outterman" I said to the receptionist.

She looked up at me and then Landon and her eyes lit up at the site of him.