Chapter 8

Exactly three weeks since that happened. I was hanging out more with Spain, and Uk's friends tried their best to spend time with both of us. Since Uk refused to look at me. I realized he also started focusing more on his studies and barely had time to socialize. 

I've tried to stuff my face in my studies, but every time I go to the library, I just see Uk there. Being so lonely. 

I pushed open the classroom door, to be the last person to arrive. My teacher however did not look pleased but issued me to sit down. 

"So today we are going to be researching!" He said clapping his hands. Some others groaned and I just signed. "You will be each assigned with a Kingdom, Dynasty or Empire. No asking each other questions about their parents." He said staring Russia down. 

After a hasty lesson about which Empires are the largest, I was finally picked. "France, now I want to say congratulations on your marriage," He started, I signed and Spain groaned. "Your Empire will be The British." He said. Why British? Why couldn't it be the Spanish Empire? Oh right Italy got that. "Why British? If you knew our history we're rivals? Not to mention why not Spain's? I'm not complaining I'm just asking." I simply said. The teacher grinned. "Well, sometimes teachers like to play matchmaker," He winked. The students made an "oOo~" sound. "Now, after class, you will be going to the library and pick out books from five to ten. Got it? The research part will be over when November ends, in December you will start the projects. Am I clear?" He said. "Yes..." The class responded in a monotone. 

So there I was. Standing in front of the librarian's desk waiting for her to finish typing. I looked around. The bookshelves were ordered in Alphabetical order, authors, oldest, newest, history etc. It was really confusing, but somehow Uk always found his way around. "Oh, how can I help you..?" She asked finally looking up. "O-oh right, is there anything on the British Empire?" I asked. "Project?" She asked. "Yes, why else?" I said rolling my eyes a bit. She sighed and typed something up. "Here," She handed me a picture and some words on it. I signed and walked off. The library was so large, it was really confusing. So the staff have a picture which is showing where the bookshelf is, they have numbers okay? 

How do I know I was lost? I found Uk. I turned to the right then I found a familiar figure wearing a fancy dark blue suit with a top hat. He was sitting in a corner. He was reading something and beside him was a cup of hot steaming tea. He was wearing one of those glasses, uh what was it called. The monocle eyeglasses. He looked very...formal. I turned around, "nope," I muttered.

I was indeed lost since I had no idea where the British Empire bookcases were. I was very hesitant to ask to help, but no, I wasn't going to do that. I was going to find that stupid bookshelf. 

The moment I turned around, Uk was standing there. "GAHH," I screamed flinching. "Oh, sorry about that," He laughed placing his hand over his neck. "U-Uh," I struggled trying to speak English. "So what are you looking for here?" He asked. "W-well, I have a project, because the teacher told me to do. Which he said I got the British Empire, which is totally weird since he just congratulated me on my marriage with Spain, but, but, Spain got Italy and Italy got Spain because the teacher said he wanted to play matchmaker and I can't find the, the books, and now I'm talking way too much." I said, my face flushed as I just embarrassed myself in front of him. But instead, he just laughed. "You're trying to explain to me why you're searching for the British Empire's history?" He said smiling. I nodded not trusting myself to speak anymore. "Well follow me," He said smiling. "Okay," I muttered. He looked better than last time, yet every time I'm with the others, he looked is miserable. 

He led me to a very short bookshelf. It was away from everything. Probably the back of the library. "So where is it?" I asked. "Well..." He started. I was getting scared, very scared. I did not like this energy. "That's it," He said pointing to that one bookshelf. "o-oh okay," I said letting out a relieved sigh. I thought he was going to do something. I walked towards it and looked around. "Thank yo-" and he was gone. That was insanely strange and scary. Okay new thought, how on earth was I supposed to get out of here? 

After a couple of hours, I had picked out ten books I found that were interesting. Another hour had passed until I found my way out of the library. I panted and crouched on my knees. "Ya kay?" Spain asked. "No, I was stuck in the library," I said. Spain smirked and offered a hand. "Thanks," I responded taking it. 

I went home that day, explaining to my parents why there are British Empire books. "Donc, la raison pour laquelle j'ai les livres de l'Empire britannique est que le professeur m'a dit de faire des recherches, et bien je lui ai demandé si je pouvais avoir l'empire espagnol mais il a dit non."(So, the reason I have the British Empire books is because the teacher told me to research it, and well I asked him if I could have the Spanish empire but he said no,) I said. My parents looked at me. "O-ok alors," (O-okay then,) My mother said. "Eh bien, je vais y aller maintenant...A plus tard Mère et Père," (Okay, I'm going to go now...see you later) I said running off. 

I made it to my room and decided to get ahead and start reading. Reading and reading...

Okay, Okay, I fell asleep. What? I finished..two books jeez.