Your Heart is Racing

Aaron: because you and him were slowly crawling up the tracks of a roller coaster, and his hand was laced tightly with yours as you squeezed your eyes shut. It was your first date, so the nerves were already settled in your stomach, and the way his hand fit like a puzzle piece in yours. All of it coupled with the fear of your first roller coaster made your heart begin to beat against your rib cage at the speed of lightening.

Carter: because of the fear that was becoming your body. His body laid there in the hospital bed, and even though he was awake and only had a broken arm and leg, you couldn't fathom to think what could have happened. You were seconds away from losing the most important thing in your life, and your heart still hadn't processed the reality, but was stuck in the worst-possible-scenario.

Matt: because you could see him, he was so close to you. You were finally going to surprise him on tour, after months of heartache from being apart, and now you were finally here. Crouched behind the stage, you could even faintly smell his cologne, and see the smile on his face. But you could see that that smile was fake, and your heart was racing because you were moments away from making him happy again.

Nash: because you could hear the creak in the floorboard right outside your door, and if your parents saw what you and Nash were doing, they might kill him. You didn't know if it was better to shove him under the bed, in the closet, or just face your parents with a brave face. Nash looked at you with wide eyes and tried desperately to put his shirt back on, but the door knob was beginning to turn.

Jack Johnson: because of the words that just fell from his mouth. It was the first time that he had uttered the words 'I love you' and you had never felt so happy in your whole entire life. It was dark and cold outside, but warm and safe in his embrace as he held you to his chest, and you somehow managed to say 'I love you too Jack.' And then it really was the greatest moment of your life.

Cameron: because of the positive pregnancy test that was clutched tightly in your hand. Nineteen years old, and you had managed to go and get pregnant. Cameron had a look of shock on his face, but he was making unwavering eye contact with you. 'We will be okay.' He muttered, looking down at your stomach for a moment, before he wiped a tear from your face, you hadn't realized you were crying.

Taylor: because of how fast he was driving, top down with the blazing sun falling on your face. He just grabbed your hand and told you that you were going to drive until you got dizzy. Taylor's spontaneity had always attracted you too him, but here and now, life outside your window going by in a blur, your heart races because you know you've found 'the one'

Gilinsky: because of how his lips feel on yours. His hands travel all over your body, and he kisses you roughly but with passion. It was intoxicating, and no matter how angry you were in that stupid argument, he could kiss you and all would be forgotten. You know this kiss is leading somewhere by the way his hand lingers on your waist, and his teeth on your body lip causes your heart to beat erratically.

Shawn: because your kissing him, and he's your best friend. You grew up with Shawn always by your side, but something about the way he stood next to you and hugged you tonight made your heart flutter and jump, and the minute you two were alone, you pushed your lips onto his. And too your surprise, he kissed back quite forcefully, shoving his tongue in your mouth. And of course, that made your heart pound in your ears.