mates ?

Maria's POV

It's night time by the time I wake and Remington is sitting beside me on the edge of the bed.

"What the hell? I can't catch a break can i?" I joke and he smirks.

"Well hopefully you don't fall out again. Cause we need to talk..." He said and my heart started to race.

"Ok about what?'

"What was that earlier ? You managing to hear my conversation with the king ." He said and I sat up in bed.

" It just happened. I don't know how?"

"Your my mate that's why. "

"I'm not gonna lie . I kinda knew ,ever since you saved me that first time...no vampire would have just done what you did. But I never got a chance to say thank you....so Thank you." He smiled and hands me some water.

" well...i assume you heard about the blood moon?" I nodded and swallowed my water before setting it aside.

"Yeah what is that ? What does all this mate stuff entail?"

"Well you know the definition of soul mates.. But that's also the reason you could hear my conversation.  As mates..the longer we are around one another the more closer you become with me .. Meaning telepathic communication with me .. we can feel every emotion that the other feels ..then you will end up being in heat..but after the ritual we will be one in the same ."

"Oh does that mean?" He nods and that's all I needed to hear about that.

"Yeah...and about the blood moon ,it's a huge ball we have every year and towards the end of the festival ...everyone gathers outside in the lake , the raven lake as it's called that cause the water is black .. But we would strip nude , and go into the water , I would feed you my blood , and I would drain you of yours before killing you. Then we go underwater...then we we come back up..youll be a part of our coven."

" Then i will be a vampire ?" He nodded .

"I am sorry to overwhelm you with this " I smile and place my hand on his cheek.

"It's ok..." I said and within a few seconds of silence and staring into eachothers eyes, we started to lean in..

Reminngtons POV

When our lips met I felt sparks and chills go throughout my body. I gently take her throat in my hand and pull her closer to me and she moans at the contact.

We could have went further but Emerson barges into the room.

"Brother !" My mate giggled as I turned around In annoyance.

"What is so important that you had to interrupt ?" I asked.

"Father wants to see Maria. " I felt a lunge of fear enter me and I know it's coming from my girl. I nodded and stood off the bed and Maria stands behind me and I try not to blush as she grabs my hand.

"It's alright my dear." I say to her and I start to follow Emerson to the throne room.

When we arrive at the doors , I turn to Maria.

"I'm scared." She said and I kissed her forehead.

" I'll be with you the whole time .  It's alright ...my brothers will be there too..." she nodded and I signalled Emerson to open the doors and we all go inside.

My father was waiting for us on his throne and we both bow to him.

"Ah if it isn't the famous Maria Salvatore. "

"My Lord . ." She said .

" Ah dear call me William . ." He said and gets off his throne and takes her hand and stares blankly at her for a moment before snapping out of it and kissing her hand.

"You are a very interesting human . ..the whole castle is buzzing about her...i can see why."

Maria's POV

"She is definitely a beauty.. You have done well son..."

"Thank you father."

"Is she aware .?" I knew what he meant by that question.

" yes dad she knows."

"How do you feel about all this dear?" William asks me.

"I care very much for Remington. He can't scare me away.  I accept this life." I said and they both looked pleased.

"Well hopefully I can get some grandchildren soon. " he says and I can tell he was serious . I couldn't help but chuckle nervously and blush as red as a tomato.

"Dad! Don't scare her  !" Remington groans. William just laughs and ruffles his sons hair .

"My bad son....ill let you two go...prepare yourselves for the ritual."

__

end of chapter