17

I woke up to someone shaking me. I grumbled and half heartedly tried to shove them away.

"Celeste" I heard them whisper. "Come on. You have to get up." I muttered some quiet swears before turning away from them. I was too tired. I needed to go back to sleep.

"Celeste." Their voice hardened as they tried to pull me out of bed by my arm. "Seriously. You need to get up and eat something." I finally opened my eyes, too annoyed to keep ignoring them.

"Bucky, what the fuck are you doing here?" I mumbled, sitting up. God, I felt like shit. 

"Lilith called me." I sighed and stretched. Of course she did. "Don't give me that look. Its good she did." I rolled my eyes, picking my earpiece from where it had fallen when I was asleep. 

"Come on. Get up. I made lunch." I frowned at him as he walked toward the kitchen. 

"Lunch? What happened to breakfast?" I shoved my body out of bed, blinking the spots out of my eyes. 

"You slept through that. I don't even think I could call it lunch anymore. Its 5, Celeste."

"5?!" I yelped, wrapping a blanket around my ice cold body. "Jesus." I knew I was going to sleep late today, but 5. Holy shit. I shuffled into the kitchen and stared at Bucky with bleary eyes.

"I need to talk to Lilith about telling me about these things sooner." I snorted and slumped into my seat. "I'm serious, Celeste." He turned around and slammed the plate down in front of me. The aggression in his voice made me flinch. "I'm sorry, but you can't do this anymore! You are going to give me a fucking heart attack if you don't start eating more." I sat on my shaking hands to hide them.

"Its not that big a deal. I've seen worse." He shook his head and sat down across from me.

"That's not the point. I don't care if you have gone longer without eating. I don't care if you've lived through worse. I don't care what has happened before. I care about now, like today. I know that all happened before I met you and I can't change that. What I can change is making sure you eat now." I finally picked up my fork and shoved some eggs into my mouth.

"If it helps, I thought I was fine when I fell asleep. I ate dinner and some snacks, so I thought it would be enough." He sighed and dragged his hands down his face. 

"Did you feel hungry when you went to bed?" I paused before nodding. "Then why the hell didn't you eat something? Don't you dare say that you didn't have anything because I know you have a plastic bag full of snacks somewhere around here." I shifted in my seat, shoveling more food into my mouth. "Celeste!" 

"It has to last me all week." I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't like that response. Not at all. "Just until I get paid. Then I was going to buy more food for this kitchen so I could-" 

"You can't do that if you die before you get there." That silenced both of us. I stared at my now empty plate. "Look, if you don't start eating, then I'm going to make you stay at the tower." That got my attention.

"No."

"Celeste-"

"No. I'm not staying with those assholes."

"If it helps at all, they feel bad about yesterday. That's part of the reason I'm here actually. Steve made me bring you ice cream." I laughed as I stood up. 

"Hell yes. Where did you put it?" He motioned toward the freezer. I dropped my plate into the sink and grabbed a spoon along with the tub of ice cream. "Chocolate chip cookie dough. Good taste." He chuckled.

"I'll tell him you liked it." I dragged my blanket to the coach before curling up and digging in.

"No. Tell him I hated it and that it was expired and I got food poisoning." I could feel the death stare even before Bucky walked around to sit next to me.

"Very mature."

"What can I say, I'm a petty bitch." He laughed again. 

"I can't argue with that."