18

Since I had already missed a day of school, I decided that it couldn't hurt to miss another. I was still tired in the morning, so I didn't get up. I set my alarm for 2 so I could head over to the tower then. 

Unfortunately, I ended up not sleeping that late. My ringing phone woke me up too early. At first, I thought it was alarm, but then I checked it. It was a call from Bucky. Uh oh. How mad was he that I skipped another day. I wanted to ignore it but I knew that it would only make it worse.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, still blinking sleep from my eyes. I glanced at the clock quickly. 12:48. Damn it.

"Celeste?" A voice I barely recognized answered back to me. I sat up, frowning.

"Wonder boy?" I asked. Why the hell was Rogers calling me from Bucky's phone? "What's going on? Did something happen?" He snorted

"I guess you could say that." I opened my mouth to ask, but he just kept talking. "Look, you won't believe if I told you. Just come over as soon as possible, OK?" 

"Wha-" Before I could finish, he hung up. Oh dear. I rolled out of bed, groaning. If this wasn't a life threatening situation, I swear to god, I will kill him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the elevator, clutching a pop tart in my hand. Bucky had left some food for me in the kitchen yesterday, so I had just devoured like seven pop tarts. I was dressed in an old, oversized sweatshirt with leggings and my boots. I felt like shit and was ready to fucking murder someone. 

I quickly stopped on the intern floor to grab some coffee, then headed upstairs. When the door opened, it was a scene of pure chaos.

There were fucking toddlers running everywhere, throwing things and screaming at the top of their lungs. I stared wide eyed at them before Steve rushed into the room.

"Oh thank god," He gasped, running over to me and pulling me in. "I don't know what to do with them?"

"What the fuck happened?" I exclaimed, spinning in a circle taking everything in. 

"So, we were on a mission, and everything was going fine until Loki did some weird magic crap to get away and now the rest of the team are toddlers!"

"So..... these guys are the Avengers, just smaller?" He nodded franticly.

"Its everyone but me and Bruce. He's off trying to figure out how to turn them back, and I'm trying to make sure they don't hurt themselves." At that moment, there was a loud crash followed by even louder screaming. 

"Shit!" Steve cursed, making me raise my eyebrows. "Oh shut up and help me." I sighed. I did not want to deal with a bunch of small children right now, but I don't think I had much of a choice.

I walked off to see what had fallen. Turns out that the kid who seemed to be Stark had tripped and fallen, taking a few chairs with him. How? I have no fucking clue. He was sobbing and clutching his knee tightly.

"Hey," I whispered to him, kneeling in front of him. "What's that?"

"I fell down!" He hickuped. 

"Oh no! That's not good!. How about I take a look at your knee and then we can go watch some TV?" Tony sniffled and slowly nodded. When I looked at his knee, there wasn't any cuts, but I figured there would be a bruise soon.

"Ouch little dude. Come here. How about we get some ice and then go sit down?" He nodded again, reaching his arms out to me. With a sigh, I picked him up and settled him on my hip while I grabbed some ice for him. 

I set him down on the couch and turned on a random kids show for him. He sat still, focusing hard on the TV with his leg up with ice on it. One kid down, four to go.

Next, I found Thor screaming and running through the halls. Steve was chasing him toward me, so I simply swept him up in my arms. 

"And what do you think you're doing mister?" He giggled reaching out and grabbing at my hair.

"Running away 'cause I don't want to take a nap."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"I'm not tiiirrrreeeeed!" He screamed, glaring at Steve.

"Well then, maybe I can get you out of that nap. How about you go sit down with Tony and watch some TV while I go find some toys for you guys, huh?" He frowned, seeming to think it over. 

"OK!" He said brightly, making me laugh as well. I flipped him upside down, making him laugh, before throwing him down on the couch.

"Again! Again! Again!" He giggled. 

"Maybe if you stay here while I get everyone else, OK?" He nodded before curling up into Tony. I turned to see Steve looking at me like I preformed a miracle or something.

"What?" I snapped. He didn't answer so i just rolled my eyes and moved on.

I saw Bucky next. He was laying in a corner with tear streaks on his face. I gave a sad smile and then picked him up. He whimpered slightly, but quieted down when I shushed him gently. I passed him off to Steve so that I could get the last two.

I already knew where they were. I could hear the loud thudding from the vents around the room. The only thing I needed to figure out was how to get them out. 

Thinking quickly, I grabbed some candy from the cupboards.

"Clint! Natasha!" I called out, holding the candy up in my hands. "How do you guys feel about some candy?!" There was a pause in the sounds from the vents, then loud crashing as both of the kids came tumbling out of the vents and swarmed up to me. I laughed before giving each of them a few pieces and picking them up as well.

I dropped them on the couch with Steve and the other, letting them chew on the sweets. To make it fair and to stop two tantrums, I gave Tony and Thor each a few as well. I dropped heavily into the chair across from them, rubbing my hands over my eyes.

"How did you do that?" Steve asked. I glanced at him and shrugged.

"I've been around a bunch of kids in my life. I've just gotten used to shit like this." I tried to close my eyes, but then grunted when something heavy jumped on me. I looked down to see Thor curled up on my lap, closing his eyes. Soon after, I was joined by the other three. All of them laying on me and falling asleep. I wasn't far behind them.

So, I'm sorry that this isn't the best chapter I've ever written and I might revise it later. I realized I hadn't posted in a while, so I decided to do it now. I would keep writing, but I'm currently having a panic attack, so now I have to go deal with that.