𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

THE FIRST TIME WE MET!

many kids ran around in the playground of willow elementary.

they were all second graders. some played with friends, others sat alone, looking at all of the other kids with friends wondering how did they get them to play their stupid tag game? they were in a row by the bleachers.

a girl named y/n sat by herself looking out at all of the boys and girls that played without her. she looked at her feet, then the sky, then the birds, then the playground, then the flow-

"hi! wanna play with me? i'm by myself right now. i'm making flower crowns by myself and you're by yourself. so uh, wanna make some with me?" a light skinned girl with black curly hair said, interrupted y/ns daydreaming.

"sure!" y/n sparked up. after 83 days of sitting by herself on the bleachers, she finally found a friend.

her and sofia wandered in she shade. she saw many flowers gathered under the big tree. purple, pink, blue, and white flowers caught both of the girls eyes. they ran to the patch of flowers and sat next to each other.

"what's your name?" y/n asked.

"sofia. if you wanna know my last name too, it's bryant." sophia said with a small giggle. "what's yours?"

"y/n carter" y/n said as she shook sofia's hand. "we are going to be best friends."

"best friends forever!"sofia yelled. she linked both of their pinky fingers together and they giggled and made flower crowns.

on the football field, there was a boy named finn. he played a game of football. well, not really. it was a game of catch the football and run until someone tackles you. it was a long name, but everyone memorized it.

finn was playing with almost all the boys in class. his best friends were caleb mclaughlin, wyatt oleff, and jack grazer. they invented this game altogether. they never invited anyone to play with them. everyone ran to the first. it became a crowd favorite for all the boys so they played it every day.

today was very hot. 90 degrees at the least. the boys couldn't play anymore. they were too tired. they looked for a shady area to grab their water bottles, take a seat, and have a drink of water.

"right there!" wyatt said, pointing at the two girls under the shade peacefully, making flower crowns under the big tree. they never paid attention to the boys, nor did they see them running towards them, about to destroy their hard work of 8 flower crowns.

"charge!" jack and finn screamed. they ran toward the girls, followed by 14 boys.

y/n and sofia looked up, at the crowed of sweaty boys coming their way. they ran all the way under the big tree, stepping on the flower crowns the girls made. what once was colorful and pretty, was now ugly, brown, and tucked in the dirt. the boys laughed and laughed until they all got tired. y/n and sofia kept their mad look at the boys, but they never saw the two girls. they all drank their water and talked about random things.

y/n could not take it anymore. she worked hard on those flower crowns and the boys didn't even apologize. she stomped up to the boy in black curly hair. she was about to do something that would send her to the office, but it was worth it. sofia asked what she was doing but she did not look back at her.

once she stomped up to the curly haired boy in the middle, she looked at him.

"hi i'm finn" the boy said with a confused look on his face.

"hi i'm y/n" she said with a fake smile on her face. she pretended to shake his hand, but she pinched him instead.

finn held his arm, faking his pain. "oh ouch y/n! that really hurt!" he said with high voice, finished with a giggle, which brought all the boys to laugh with him.

y/n was not having it. why didn't the pinch hurt him? she figured something out quick and did it without hesitation. she brought her hand up and then..

clap!

a red mark appeared on finns face. woah he thought. he liked girls who were strong. suddenly, he had heart eyes for the girl who was looking at him. he held his face in pain, still make ig eye contact with the girl in front of him.

y/n had a shocked face, she couldn't believe what happened. she just slapped someone. this was the first time she's ever slapped someone. although she felt guilty, she felt proud.

"a-are you oka-" y/n tried to ask before she was caught by the teacher, but she was interrupted with hands cupped around her face and someone's lips crashed into hers.

the area filled with gasps, screams, and laughs as finn kissed the girl. he did it out of nowhere. he just wanted to do it. this was his first kiss. this was y/ns first kiss too. she pulled away from his in disgust and grabbed someone's water bottle and spilled it on top of finns head.

"you are one stupid piece of trash!" y/n yelled loud enough for everyone to hear. finns facial expression did not change. it stayed the same the whole time. the dreamy, admiring look made y/n want to throw up. she already hated this boy. what sucked the most is that they both knew their houses were right next to each other. she hated that thought.

for finn, he loved that thought. he could go out and play and see her. he was already excited to go home. he played as soon as he got home, he would knock on y/ns door and ask her to play.

their thoughts were interrupted when a teacher called their name.

"finn wolfhard and y/n carter, my office! NOW!"

authors note!
hey guys! thank you for reading this little prologue!
hold on tight because you guys will love this book! i cannot wait
to give you guys more! vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
love y'all 🤍