A Secret Unfolds

Adrianna's POV

We drive to school and park in our spots. Like always, the whole parking lot seems to have nothing to do with their lives since everyone is staring at us. The triplets and Katherine pull up next to us and we look at each other. Of course, for extra effect, we all line up and walk, the whole school literally parting for us. Like what the hell, you don't even know who we are in the underworld, why are you treating us like royalty. Not that I'm complaining though. The six of us split up, since we have to go to class.

We aren't like you stereotypical bad boys and girls. We actually get good grades, and we go to class unless something important is going on. I walk with Lexi to history, the bane of my existence. Like who the hell needs to learn about the past. That, and the teacher absolutely hates us. I don't even know why because we haven't done anything wrong. We only started acting up after he decided he hated us. Oh well, nothing we can do about it. I sit down in the back with Lexi.

"Are you fighting tonight? Because if you aren't, we can hang out at our house after school." I give her a face which she already knows means 'Lucas is going to annoy the hell out of me.'

"He's not home, he's doing some mafia stuff with my parents. I don't even know why you two fight so much, like everyone can feel the sexual tension, you both like each other, why the hell are you fighting?"

I don't know why everyone thinks we like each other like we argue all the time. "He's an arrogant, insufferable prick. I don't like him and he doesn't like me. We argue because we hate each other."

"I'm going to say 'I told you so' when you guys get together. But whatever, we're gonna meet at our house then. We can take Katherine. I still don't know why those idiots don't just get their license!"

"Yea that sounds good."

"Ms. Ferrari, can you answer the question or is you conversation with Ms. Jones that important?" our teacher asks me.

Oh shit. What the hell did he ask. As I'm about to respond, the loudspeaker comes, 'Adrianna Ferrari, can you please come to the office.'

"Well, I would answer the question, but you wouldn't want to keep your boss waiting, would you? After all, he is your boss." I ask innocently.

Gritting his teeth, the teacher lets me leave.
"Peace out peoples! I'll see you all later! See you in a bit Lexi!" I scream as I leave the class. I walk into the office, which I am already incredibly familiar with, and walk straight to Mike's office. I call our principal Mike because he's literally my friend at this point. I bang the door open and question, "Hey Mike! What did I do now? Because if you're asking about the desks glued shut in the science labs, that wasn't me."

"Adriannaaaa, what desk glued shut?" Mike questions with a raised eyebrow and a questioning tone.

"I didn't do anything, I just said that."

"You know what, we will talk about this later." He looks at me with a sad face and tells me to sit down. "Adrianna, I'm so so sorry. Your step-father was in an accident earlier. He died on impact." I stare at him. I don't know how to react. I know I'm supposed to be upset and crying but, first, I don't cry, second, he was a bitch.

With my suddenly cold tone, I ask, "What now. Do I like, get sent to an orphanage, or what happens?"

"Ummmm, well you see, apparently you have a father, step-mother, and brothers that have been looking for you. They want to take you in. That's your oldest brother Antonio right there." He points to my left. I didn't even notice someone else was in the room. Shit! What the fuck! What do I do. I just look at him, examining him under a cold gaze. I have major trust issues, and as much as I never hurt them in missions, I don't exactly trust them. I tilt my head a little to my left while staring at him, and he follows.

"Ok then, well I'm Addriana but I guess you already know that." I say while still studying him.

"Hi Love, I'm your oldest brother Antonio." he replies.

"Yea, Mike just said that." I reply and Antonio looks a little startled. He brings his hand to the back of his neck and rubs it like he's slightly embarrassed. Oops. I didn't mean to embarrass him. Oh well. Mike leaves for his other office so we can talk alone for a couple minutes.

"So, your brothers and I live in New York City. Our father and step-mother travel a lot now that he is retired so we don't see them very often, but you will be living with the rest of us. We have a plane set to leave when we are ready so you can say bye to your friends and pack some stuff. We can have most of it shipped." Antonio explains to me. He doesn't realize that I already know this, but I don't plan on telling him. I want to keep my identity as The Masked Temptress a secret for as long as possible. Carter is dead now, but I still don't know how my brothers will react to the news. I just have to make sure I hide my dragon tattoo that sits on my back, since that's my sign as The Masked Temptress.

I reply, "Okay, well I guess I'm gonna go say bye to my friends then. You can wait at your car and then we can go. We only have to go to my house since the stuff in my step-father's can be shipped and only my cars are in my garage."

"Okay, say goodbye to your friends and meet me at the red car up front." I nod and walk off. Thank god he didn't decide to come with me because then he would have seen Lexi, Liam, and Noah, who he's already met, and he knows they are part of the American mafia. Now I guess I have to say bye to my friends. The only ones I'm actually sad about are Briana, Katherine, and Mason, since I can still see the triplets basically the same amount as I do now.