Picking Her Up

Antonio's POV

I grab the keys to whichever car is closest, which is the BMW i8 and get it. I drive to our plane, which I already called to get ready earlier. By the time I get there, the plane is ready to go, so we set for takeoff. The whole plane ride, the same questions are swirling through my head. The lady on the phone said her step-father died and she no longer had anyone that could take care of her, so where the hell is Chiara? Did Adrianna have a good life? Did anyone ever hurt her, because I swear to god, if anyone placed a single finger on her, they will face the wrath of Ferrari brothers on a path of revenge. How will she react when she sees us? Does she know about us? I have so many questions, I can't get any work done. I probably shouldn't have sent the boys to school today. It's not like they will get anything done, they're probably thinking about the same stuff I am right now. Around five hours later, which feels like ten minutes, we reach LAX. I'm anxious to see Adrianna. We land and I get into the car waiting for me. I tell them to take me and my guards straight to meet the social services worker. I walk in and I realize I don't know who to look for.

"Hi. I'm Violet. I believe we talked on the phone. Are you Antonio Ferrari?" she asks.

"Yea. I'm here about my sister Adrianna Gabriella Ferrari."

"Yes. Please sit."

I take a seat and stare at her waiting for her to continue. She seems to be distracted, checking me out. Like what the hell, I'm trying to find my long-lost sister and you're preventing me from finding her. Finally, she starts talking.

"Well, Adrianna was living with her step-father Carter. It seems like her mother, Chiara, who I'm guessing is your mother too, died two years ago. She is currently at school. Adrianna has not been told the news yet. The school is waiting for you to get there so she learns about everything at one time. She goes to Beverly Viewside Preparatory. You can go there."

"Okay, thank you." I nod and start walking out. As I walk out, the lady calls out, "Hey! If you're free, we can have lunch." I stare at her like she's crazy and then walk out. I'm not being mean, but like I just found my long-lost sister and you're asking me out on a date. Really? There's a time and place for stuff. I get back in the car and tell the driver to drive to Beverly Viewside Preparatory.

He starts driving and starts rambling, "Ok sir. That's an amazing school. Do you know someone who goes there. Of course you do. You're rich. You have a driver. Of course your friend also goes to the best school in LA." I zone out after that. I keep thinking, 'The best school in LA.' That means Adrianna at least had a good childhood right? I can only hope so.

A little while later, we reach the school and I tell one of my guards to just leave the red car here and stay hidden with the driver. I don't want Adrianna to know we are the Italian mafia, and while I can make an excuse, I want to lie to her the least possible right now. I walk into the school, and heads are turning my way. Girls eyes are filled with lust, while boys eyes are filled with envy. All of the sudden, Two cars come into the parking lot and everyone's heads turn to them. A black Porsche and a red Aston Martin park right next to each other, and the whole crowd parts for them. They must be this school's version of the Ferrari brothers group. I ignore it and decide to walk into the office. I explain what is going on and it seems like they already know, so they send me to the principal's office. I walk into the office, and greet the principal.

"Hi. I'm Antonio Ferrari. My sister Adrianna Ferrari goes to this school. I'm the older brother that she's going to live with now." He nods and replies, "I'm Mike. I shall call Adrianna down to the office now. At least she's not in trouble this time," he jokingly says to lighten the tense mood.

'Adrianna Ferrari, can you please come to the office.' the loudspeaker projects from Mike's office. I wait until a couple minutes later, the door bangs open. A teenage girl struts in, acting like she owns the room. She definitely has the Ferrari genes. She calls out, asking Mike why she's here, and explains that she didn't do anything this time. Looks like we have another version of Leonardo and Lorenzo. Here I thought two were crazy, looks like we have a third. I don't think she noticed me, since she doesn't even look my way. I stare at her, taking her in. She's Adrianna. She's our long-lost baby sister. I realize I have zoned out, staring at her. I tune back in and hear Mike explain what happened to her step-father. All of the sudden, she turns cold. She reminds me of myself. What is going on? Shouldn't she be crying? Instead, she just stares at him, and asks what's going to happen now. He gives me a slight glance and starts explaining how we found her and want her, and then points to me. She turns and the first thing I see are her captivating blue-green eyes. The Ferrari eyes. She looks at the coldly, under a gaze which would make anyone shrink. I, on the other hand, am the capo of the Italian mafia. I don't shrink under anyone's gaze. She tilts her head, and I follow. Adrianna then starts talking.

"Ok then, well I'm Addriana but I guess you already know that." she says, while studying me.

"Hi Love, I'm your oldest brother Antonio." I reply, but then I realize Mike already introduced me.

"Yea, Mike just said that." she replies, and all of the sudden I get embarrassed. Nice first impression right here. I rub the back of my neck, slightly flustered. I don't get flustered. I'm a capo for heaven's sake. I guess Adrianna really does have a huge effect. I've known she's still alive for only a couple hours and she has already gotten me to smile more than ever before, cry, which I never do, and get flustered, which I also never do.

Mike slowly walks out of the office during our stare-off, probably to give us some time alone. I start explaining what's going to happen since she doesn't exactly know. When I tell her about our father away a lot, she doesn't seem fazed. Most fathers live with their children, but she looked like she already knew he didn't stay with us. Whatever, I'm probably overthinking here. She then explains that she has to say bye to some people, and then we can pick some stuff up. Wait back up, her house?? Why does she have a separate house and garage, and how does she afford it? I'll figure it out later. Right now I'm just happy Adrianna's home. I listen to her and even though I don't want to, I decide to go and wait at the car. As I walk away, it looks like she's walking toward someone that looks like Liam, the American mafia capo's son. I'm probably imagining it. Waittttt. She doesn't have a boyfriend, does she? Shit. I should figure out. Oh, she's moving to New York anyway, she probably won't do long distance anyway. No. She can't have a boyfriend. Not till she's 30, if even then. The boys and I will make sure of it.