A Phone Call

Antonio's POV

I was sitting at my desk going through some paperwork for our newest shipments when my phone started buzzing. I picked it up and on the other side there was a social services worker.

"Hi, Is this Antonio Marco Ferrari?" she asks. Not many people know my middle name, so I perk up almost suddenly.

"Yes, who am I speaking to?" I ask.

"Yes, sorry, my name is Violet. I am sorry to say your step-father Carter was killed in a car crash. Your younger sister, Adrianna Gabriella Ferrari was living with him, but now that he is gone, she no longer has a possible guardian here in LA. Is it possible for you to take care of her. It shows on her record that her father, Stefano Riccardo Ferrari still has partial custody, and I was told his calls come to you now."

I sat there in shock. Adrianna can come home. Adrianna is alive. She's in LA. We've looked for her all across the globe and she's in fucking LA. We literally spend half our lives there.

"Excuse me, are you still there?" I hear on the phone.

I am taken out of shock and I immediately respond, "Yes, I'm here. Sorry, I was just a little shocked. We have searched everywhere for her. Yes, she can come home. When can I come pick her up?"

"As soon as possible."

"Okay, thank you." I sit there, with a smile on my face. A smile so big that if anybody walks into the room, they will think I've gone crazy. Our sister is coming home. I have so many questions, but first, I have to tell the rest of the boys. I grab the loudspeaker which connects the house. 'Family meeting! Family meeting right fuckin now!'

I wait at the head of the meeting room table as the boys pile in. All of them are watching my face with caution. I guess they think I've gone crazy with this smile. A small tear drops, but I wipe it as fast as it comes. Now the boys are horrified. I don't cry. They've never seen me cry. "Guys, I just got a call from a social worker." The boys look confused. "Adrianna is alive. She's coming home." Those six words that nobody thought they would ever hear, sends the room into shock. They stare at me, not believing what I just said.

Alessandro is the first to speak up. "You mean my twin is coming home?" He asks with so much emotion that I just want to give him a hug. I may look cold and ruthless but when it comes to my family, I'm a huge fuckin teddy bear. I won't ever admit it though. Adrianna missing hurt Alessandro the most. He may not remember her as well as some of us, but he's her twin. He feels like a part of him was literally ripped away. I look at him and nod, "Yea, she's coming home." Right then, the whole room finally processes what I'm saying and smiles come from most of their faces. I room full of mafia men smiling and almost crying about a single girl. Adrianna is going to be the most spoilt, loved girl ever. It doesn't matter that she's 17 now, and not 5. I tell them that I need to go to LA and all the boys jump at the chance to pick her up.

"Guys, all of you need to stay here. Leonardo, Lorenzo, Luca, Allesandro, you all have school today and you aren't skipping. We won't be back until after school anyway. Matteo, I need you to take care of this paperwork, and I know you have some college work to do. I'm working on the way there too. Get going and when I come back, I'll come back with Adrianna."