Some Secrets Should Be Revealed

Lucas' POV

I am sitting in my room going over some mafia shipments, after the dinner with the Ferraris but I can't focus at all. My mind keeps going back to Adrianna. I didn't realise how it would feel to see her again after so long. The triplets told me that Adrianna was taken to dad and brother after her step-father died. They all have guesses on how I feel about her, so they thought I would want to know. I have literally buried myself in my work for the last couple weeks to stop thinking about her. Was she okay? What if she needed my help and I wasn't there? The worst of all, what if she found someone who could care about her without bringing her into a dangerous world?

I never acted on anything because I knew, first, she doesn't think of me the same, and second, it's too dangerous to bring her into the underworld. It was just easier to argue and  get mad at her because of this. Of course, mine may have been fake, but her screaming wasn't. Ugh, I even miss our arguments. I was going over everything in my head when Liam, Noah, and Lexi barged in.

"Sooo, are you ever going to tell her?" Noah asked me.

"Tell who what?" I faked being oblivious. I knew exactly what they were talking about though. Adrianna. But there was no way I was going to say anything to her, or them for that matter.

"Lucas, are you stupid? We all know how you are in love with Adrianna. You may be amazing at hiding how you feel from others, but we're your siblings." Liam replied.

"You know, you should just tell her. What's the worst that can happen. Oh wait. She could laugh in your face and think you're absolutely crazy since all you guys do is argue. Opps. Nevermind. Maybe you should fix the arguing part before you tell her something as big as you're in love with her. Actually..."

"Lexi! Shut up! I have no clue what any of you are talking about." I reply. She's right though. Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of the night thinking of her rejecting me and laughing in my face.

"Adrianna of course. Wait did you really not know that?"

"Lexi. Shut up." Liam and Noah watch our interaction in amusement since I'm not able to deny anything, just tell her to constantly shut up. How stupid am I.

"Seriously though. I am definitely breaking some best friend code or something here, but she does think you're hot." Lexi's words send a spark to my eyes. She thinks I'm hot. I could definitely work with that. Wait, what. I'm not working with anything. I can't tell her. Shit. Why the hell did I fall for her.

"Don't get too excited though." Lexi continues. "She also says your personality makes you an ass and she can't really stand you." And suddenly the spark is gone. Am I really that bad to her.

"Why are you an ass to her anyway. And don't say you're not. We've all seen it. You are such an assshole to her and you both argue all the time. You're both stubborn but you literally provoke her at times." She sits down on my bed and continues. "You're not actually an asshole. Why do you make yourself look like such a terrible person?"

"I don't like her first of all. But, I'm an asshole because she can't like someone like me. It'll only bring darkness into her world. I mean, she deserves someone that doesn't bring her danger and danger follows me everywhere I go. After all, I'm going to be capo soon."

"First of all, Lucas, her brothers are in the underworld too. She was born into this life, even if It hadn't always been clear." Noah explains.

"Also, I can't tell you much, but she's always been in the underworld. Even before meeting her brothers. How do you think we originally met her? School, really? Look, her brothers don't know and It's one of her biggest secrets so I'm not exposing her, but just know that if you were able to get her to like you, her safety was never an issue." Noah and Liam immediately look at Lexi in shock. She probably wasn't supposed to tell me this. What the hell does it mean though? I would know if Adrianna was actually part of the underworld. I have to figure out.

"We've seen the way you look at her. You may not want to admit it to us, but please, at least admit it to yourself. We've seen the effect she has on you and she doesn't even know it." Liam explains to me. She's good for you. And she's not one of your stupid, mindless whores. She challenges you and she could truly love you. She won't want you just for your money or power. She could be really good for you, but you have to learn to build a relationship with her. She would never get with you if all you do is argue with her and scream at her. She's not like all the other girls that just fall at your feet. " Noah explains to me.

"I know she's different. She's perfect." I whisper slowly. Thankfully, I don't think any of them heard.

"Okay, you people are all crazy. Get out people, I have work to do." I reply wanting them to leave me alone.

"Whatever you say Lucas. Just know that she's not gonna be single forever. Build a chance to take your shot before someone else does. Once she's gone, you know she isn't one to ever cheat or anything. Just think about what all of us said." Lexi says as they all leave my room.

I close my laptop and get up from my table. I change and get into bed, but only one thing is on my mind. Adrianna. But this time, more specifically, what the hell did they mean she's always been in the underworld?