chapter 5

san was at the library with seonghwa, studying for his upcoming mid-year examination which is a week from now. it's not like he cared so much about it but his mother wanted him to go to a good college. seonghwa didn't want to come but he got dragged here by san.

it's been days since san hung out with wooyoung and his friends. he had fun with them, to be completely honest. and every recess time, hongjoong, yeosang, and jongho sat with him and seonghwa. san was thought about seonghwa's words the other day and he was beginning to open up more and accept the three as friends. they seemed nicer than san thought, though. and he felt kinda nice sitting with more than one friend in the cafeteria.

"uh, san." seonghwa began to break the silence. san hummed in response. "do you remember about the movie premiere this weekend that we planned to go to for weeks?"

san nodded in response. "of course i remember. it was hard getting the tickets for it because the movie is kinda famous in korea. why?"

"i know, right? that's so crazy." seonghwa said and san glanced at him. "just say it, seonghwa."

"i don't know what you mean?"

he rolled his eyes, sighing. "you wanted to ask me for something. what is it?"

seonghwa laughed nervously at san and after inhaling deeply, he asked finally, "can we maybe not go on saturday which when the premiere is, and instead go watch it on sunday?" san whipped his head up to face seonghwa. "what? why??" san yelled accidentally and received a glare from the librarian. but it's not the time to care much about it. what seonghwa asked him was way more important at the moment.

"so that yeosang and his friends can join us too...?"

san widened his eyes and gaped. "are you being serious with me?" again, he yelled on accident. the librarian shushed them over loudly plus the death glare.

seonghwa nodded and san continued, "it's supposed to be just the two of us and we were one of the hundreds of people in seoul that finally got the tickets for the premiere, which is crazy if you ask me. and do you even bought the tickets that many for sunday?"

"i did." san groaned quietly at seonghwa's answer. "but why? we planned for this, seonghwa. it's my favorite movie, don't you know that? i–"

"i'm sorry, san. but yeosang asked me to go with them on sunday so that's why. i bought a ticket for you too." seonghwa explained apologetically.

san sighed. "but it's different from the premiere. i don't care if you want them to join us but then what do we do with our tickets?" he asked. their premiere tickets were quite expensive and they worked hard getting it but they couldn't just let go of them. all their money would be gone just like that.

then, seonghwa snapped his fingers out loud. which the librarian finally had enough of their noises and came to them. "i have an idea!" seonghwa continued and before he could tell san his idea, the librarian spoke to them at their table.

"i have an even better idea. leave. now." she said.

san and seonghwa packed their books and scurried out of the library. outside in the hallways, seonghwa pulled san's bag to stop him. "hear me out, san." he began. "how about you go with wooyoung."

san stared at him like he'd grown two heads. "i beg your pardon?"

"ask wooyoung to go with you to the premiere this saturday night," seonghwa repeated more clearly this time. san snorted at him. "you're telling me to go watch with him. just the two of us. to the movie premiere." he stated and seonghwa nodded. "you're saying that i should ask him out." san stated once again.