chapter 7

san felt small under hwayoung's gaze. they were at the cafe and hwayoung had ordered them drinks but hadn't said anything yet. in san's head were a lot of things the girl would talk about and questions she would ask him.

oh, did san mention that he's not good around people of his opposite gender?

"san, right?" the girl suddenly spoke and san nearly jumped out of the chair. maybe he should calm down a little. he was thinking too much. "yes." he said shyly and inhaled deeply. deciding he should just say something, he began, "so, why do you want to meet me?"

hwayoung sighed and finally admitted, "you seemed to be the only one who could help me right now. can you help me?" she asked.

san raised his eyebrows. "well, it depends." he said nervously with a small smile. he met hwayoung's eyes then and the girl answered back, "i need you to help make wooyoung seem more interested in me."

"mwo?" he wasn't expecting that to come out of her mouth.

hwayoung continued, "you're the one who's been so close with wooyoung lately. you must know what he likes most and what he doesn't. he looked so happy when he's with you and i'd like to make him feel that way as well." san stared at her, bemused. he was a little hurt to see someone who loves wooyoung just as much as him and would go to this extend to prove it to him, while san couldn't even tell any of his feelings towards the one he truly loved.

however, san was still confused at her and asked, "but why me? why not mingi or yunho? they've been wooyoung's friends the longest."

hwayoung knew san was going to ask that, so she answered, "i know that, but mingi and yunho are different. and they haven't been around wooyoung as much as you were recently. so, can you please help me?"

san knew how desperate hwayoung was at the moment. he then let out a heavy sigh. if it's to make wooyoung happy, then san should help her. he inhaled and smiled bitterly while nodding. "sure, i'll try to help you."

wooyoung was planning on walking home from school with san that evening. regardless, he couldn't find san in his class and when he was waiting at the school gate. he felt disgruntled and regret his decision of rejecting yunho's offer to go play games with mingi.

so that's why he's alone on the streets currently. wooyoung was strolling by himself and passed by a cafe. when his eyes wandered through the glass pane, he saw a familiar boy who had somehow succeeded in making his stomach do backflips when he shouldn't feel that way.

san.

but in front of him was a girl. as wooyoung looked closer, he recognized her. "hwayoung?" the two were chatting away and laughing together. the sight of it made wooyoung fall back on his feet. his heart began to ache.

but the problem was, he wasn't sure why. either his girlfriend is meeting another guy who turned out to be his friend or seeing san who looked very happy with her. wooyoung didn't know what to think, so he walked away from the cafe with his heart sinking.

"when should we get started?" san asked finally because they couldn't start now as their mid-exam papers are just next week and their exam would last for two weeks. hwayoung knew about this too. she answered, "how about after our exam finish? we can start meeting here then sometimes. what do you think?"

san gave it a thought then nodded. "sounds cool."

time passed by then with most of the students were struggling to do revisions and exercises in cafes, library, etc. san spent most of his time studying at the library with wooyoung who decided to join him every day after school. meanwhile, seonghwa studied at his home. he also often joined the study group with yeosang, hongjoong, and jongho or with san and wooyoung- which thank the lord he didn't feel like a third wheel at all.