chapter 8

san and wooyoung were hanging together again, finally. san had missed playing games with him because they've both been busy. well, san was the one who's been busy and declining wooyoung's offer to hang out most of the time. he had to help hwayoung these past days, doing researches on his own at home. 

he pressed the keyboard rapidly while shouting in excitement, "hey! hold on, wooyoung! slow down–" his character was dying while wooyoung happily beat him up. "sorry, san, but not today!" san was beginning to lose. at this point, he just gave up fully and let go of his fingers on the keyboard. 

"aish... there you go." he pouted sadly while wooyoung cheered with joy. his grin was wide when he look at san and said, "you know, i've missed beating you in this game." wooyoung told him.

san continued to pout at him. "i knew it. you've always liked winning." he laid back on his chair with his hands inside his hoodie.

wooyoung chuckled loudly and put his finger on his chin, saying, "i wonder, what happened to the san who's so determined to beat me before?" san laughed at this and answered, "just prepare yourself, wooyoung. my comeback will come anytime." he said with full motivation 

while wooyoung laughed, throwing his head back. "okay, okay! i'll wait for the big day." after he said that, his phone began ringing as messages were sent to him. he picked it up and opened it. the messages were from hwayoung.

san noticed this then asked, "who is it from? it looks important."

wooyoung looked up at him. "huh? oh, it's just from hwayoung." he replied.

"it is? what did she say?" wooyoung was confused as to why san sounded surprised and excited at the same time. though, he just shrugged it off. "she's telling me that she's playing video games now, but she's still learning."

san's eyes lit up. "really? that's great, wooyoung!"

"why so?" wooyoung asked in confusion.

"you don't understand it, do you?" san shook his head at him, then went to explain, "she's doing that so you'll be able to play with her next time. this shows that she loves you a lot, wooyoung. you're so lucky to have someone like her, you know?"

wooyoung just shrugged at san. "am i?" he doubted the last thing that san said. he didn't know what to think of his relationship with hwayoung anymore. it felt like it's not important for him day by day.

san noticed the other looking quite bothered by something. "why? you look like something is wrong. what's the matter?" worriedly, he asked.

"i-i do?" wooyoung realized it just then. he shook his head and smiled nonetheless. "nothing at all. nevermind, i'm fine."

"no, you're not. it's easy to see right through you, wooyoung." san stood up and grabbed wooyoung's hand to stand up as well. the other boy stared in confusion at san who then dragged him out of the cyber cafe.

"hey, what are you doing?" wooyoung asked, glancing at their held hands. his cheeks lit up with a light shade of pink. he didn't want to admit it fully, but he kinda liked the warmth of san's hand.

san answered shortly, "i'm taking you to one of my favorite places." wooyoung followed him and soon enough, they arrived at a basketball court. san stopped in his track and so did wooyoung. their hands still holding each other and they were both panting a little from all the walking.

inhaling some breath, wooyoung finally asked, "why did you bring me here?"

san wandered his eyes around the court and said, "this place always makes me feel calm and at ease. it's very special to me." he turned his head and met wooyoung's gaze. "i know something is troubling you, wooyoung. you can tell me and we can talk about all of it. that's the reason i brought you here." he added.