chapter 9

it was saturday evening and wooyoung was getting ready in his room. why, you all ask? well, for one thing, he's not getting ready to meet san, which is a shame. that morning, he had received a text from hwayoung who out of nowhere, asked him out to go to the funfair together. what could wooyoung do? he had to go with her on their 'date', of course, even though he didn't want to.

before he could give her any excuses, hwayoung said she's already bought the tickets for them. what a bummer, wooyoung thought. he had put on his slightly oversized white shirt and an oversized sleeveless jumper on top of it. then, he put on his ripped jeans and black converse high. if he's on a date with a girl, he had to at least look good. though, he admits that he's going to hate every single minute of it. again, just to clarify; wooyoung didn't hate hwayoung. he just hated how he couldn't feel good around her. 

he left his house then after grabbing his wallet and phone. he was a little early because it's 5 and he's supposed to meet up with hwayoung at 5.30 p.m. wooyoung thought he might grab an americano first on his way there. after buying one large cup of said coffee, he walked down the street to continue his way towards the meeting point. when he arrived, he saw hwayoung was already there waiting, but she was on his phone. deciding he shouldn't disturb her, wooyoung waited for her conversation with the caller to end. 

"i'm waiting for him right now," hwayoung told san through her phone. she decided to call him and asked any more further bits of advice for her date with wooyoung.

"that's great. i'm sure he's on his way. he's always the punctual kind of person."

"yeah, i know. that's what i like about him." hwayoung giggled.

"of course, who wouldn't? by the way, i did some reading on my own and thought it might help you."

san said through the phone. hwayoung nodded then and asked, "sure, anything at this time." 

"the most important thing is to just be yourself and have fun. don't worry about anything and just enjoy the moments with him as much as you can, but don't overdo it. it might get annoying for him."

she chuckled happily in return and replied, "that really helps. thanks for your help, san." this caught wooyoung's attention when he heard san's name out of hwayoung's mouth. he walked closer to listen more clearly.

"i appreciate everything that you have done to help me. i really do. after i finally succeed and make wooyoung get more interested in me, i will treat you to a big meal. or i can buy you anything that you want. just ask and you'll get them. no, don't say that. i owe you a lot, remember? right, you have to go? okay, me too. goodbye and thanks again, san!"

hwayoung smiled happily after ending the call. "now where is wooyoung?" she looked around, her eyes wandering to look for him. she then spotted him walking towards her holding two coffee cups. "woo!"

wooyoung refrained himself from cringing and smiled at her. "hi. i got you this." he handed her latte which is her favorite. "thanks, woo!" hwayoung accepted it and sipped on it.

"who were you talking to?" wooyoung couldn't help but ask. hwayoung looked up with a confused look. "what?"

"i saw you were on the phone. who was it?" the girl just shook her head and answered, "she's just one of my friends." 

fine, just a friend.

wooyoung nodded to show her that he believed her lies even though he clearly didn't. "i see. let's go now, shall we?"

the two arrived at the funfair later. the evening sky began to get more orange as the sun was going down. it looked so beautiful at the moment, but wooyoung wasn't paying attention to it. in fact, he didn't pay any mind to his date with hwayoung. all of this because his mind was filled with the thoughts of san. after he just heard hwayoung's conversation with san on the phone, he finally was able to connect the dots.