chapter 6

"he invited you to his place?"

seonghwa asked again for the third time after san told him the story of what happened when he and wooyoung ditched the movie. he was on the phone with his best friend.

"is that so hard to believe?" san asked from the other side.

"yeah, that's why you're hearing disbelief in my tone."

san chuckled. "well, i'm glad to say that i'm making progress." he said proudly.

seonghwa laughed at that. "woah, look at you, bro! i like this new san. just wanted to say that i'm very proud of you."

"awww, thanks seonghwa."

"by the way, you're coming to the movie with us, right?" seonghwa inquired.

"yeah, sure. even though i already watched half of it."

"is it that bad?"

"just wait and see."

seonghwa chuckled and nodded. "fine. i'll see you this evening at 5." after san agreed, he ended the call. he had one more hour to get ready and go to the mall. as he was laying on his bed scrolling on twitter, his phone rang.

it was yeosang.

"hey, seonghwa."

"hi, what's going on?" seonghwa asked in confusion. it was the first time yeosang called him.

"nothing. just wondering if you maybe wanna go to starbucks with me before the movie starts." yeosang said with a tint of nervousness in his voice, seonghwa noticed but paid no mind to it. "yeah, sure. i'll be there."

"cool! i'll wait for you here."

the call ended and seonghwa rushed himself to get ready. he put on his light grey sweater and layered his black jacket on top of it. putting on his jeans and converse, he's ready to go. he hopped on his car and made sure to text san first saying he couldn't pick him up.

later on, seonghwa arrived at the mall and parked his car outside.

san just finished taking a bath when his phone vibrated. "ding!" messages from seonghwa popped up.

"can't pick you up. you have to take the cab"

"sorry, i'll give you a ride back home, though."

san sighed at the texts. the cab it is.

seonghwa walked to the starbucks cafe and saw yeosang standing outside who raised his hand at him. "hey! where's hongjoong and jongho?" seonghwa asked, looking around.

"they're elsewhere," yeosang answered with a shrug then said, "anyway, what would you like? my treat." they went inside and got in line while seonghwa thought for a while. "i wanted to try that secret starbucks recipe but i know little to nothing about it."

"well, you're in luck. i'm an expert on starbucks drinks. i think i might know what you'd like." yeosang said, flashing seonghwa with a grin who in return nodded and smiled. it was their turn and yeosang told them his orders while seonghwa waited. soon, their drinks were done and were put on the counter. "your name, please?" the staff asked.

"yeosang." the said male answered. the staff then looked at seonghwa with his eyebrow raised.

"seonghwa."

his name was written and their drinks were good to go. "thank you, have a nice day!" seonghwa and yeosang grabbed their drinks and both exited the cafe. seonghwa noticed yeosang ordered the same drinks for them both.