chapter 18

san arrived home that night, feeling giddy like a child had just received his christmas gifts early. everything that happened earlier that evening was the reason. oh, how he felt full just by thinking of wooyoung and how he's already his.

san was laying on his bed and he turned to his favorite plushie, shiber. "i don't have to dream anymore, shiber. wooyoung is finally mine and i'm finally his. isn't it just wonderful?" he squealed loudly like a teenage girl.

he thought of calling seonghwa but thought otherwise when he remembered him warning to not disturb him tonight. san wondered what he meant and then refused to think any more further after a thought came to mind.

the next day, which was friday, san had just exited his neighborhood when he saw wooyoung coming in his direction. "hey, baby." wooyoung greeted first, and god, that nickname coming from his mouth would never stop blowing san away.

"is it normal for you to call a person you love that name?" san asked while blushing.

"to be honest, you're the first person i'm calling you that. why, are you not okay with it?" wooyoung asked, getting worried. san then smiled cheekily and shook his head. "i love it." he scooped wooyoung's hand to intertwine it with his tightly. he then sneaked into a peck on wooyoung's lips.

san was about to back away when wooyoung grabbed his neck gently and pulled back into another kiss. this time, it lasted longer before san spoke, "now that's enough, woo. we have a school to go to." he chuckled.

wooyoung whined a little. "but i can't get enough of you, sannie."

"sheesh, didn't know you're this clingy."

"only for you," wooyoung said with a wink and san blushed madly, flustered at him. they then walked together to school and went to their classes. san entered his class with a wide smile and took his seat next to seonghwa as usual. seonghwa turned his head and asked away, "so, did you end up looking like a clown yesterday?"

san deadpanned and glared at his best friend. "you– yes, i did! instead of mingi and yunho, wooyoung was the one who showed up. happy?"

seonghwa laughed and whipped his hair. "i'm never wrong. though, you looked so happy when you came in. what else happened yesterday?" he asked.

this brought back a smile to san's face. "we're together now." he answered shortly.

seonghwa widened his eyes. "together? as in together?" he asked in pure shock and san nodded. "yeah. he likes me back." san said. seonghwa slammed his hand on his table and spread his arms with a wide smirk. he then proudly said, "what else can i say? i was right all the time. no one's doing it like me." san rolled his eyes but chuckled then at his best friend.

"yeah, yeah, i know that now and i'm not complaining. but really, hwa," san put his hand on the latter's shoulder and gripped them a little, showing him a sincere smile. "thank you so much. i mean it." san uttered.

seonghwa smiled back at san and patted his shoulder in return. "your welcome, san. that's what best friends do." he said with as much as sincere as san did.

when the bell rang, all the students rushed out of their classes and headed to the cafeteria because most of them were very hungry. san had told seonghwa to go ahead first as he wanted to drop by his locker for something. they went in opposite directions and san walked briskly towards his destination. after finishing his intentions, he turned to leave.

"hey, sweetie."

san came to a halt as soon as someone appeared in front of him. it was a relief that it was just wooyoung. san swore he was about to scream but he just gasped loudly. wooyoung chuckled at the shorter's cute reaction and said again, "sorry, did i scare you?"