chapter 16

it was just half an hour after classes for the day finished and wooyoung had stayed back because his teacher asked for some help on the exam papers.

after he was done helping, wooyoung strolled in the hallway towards the exit of the building. since he was from the teacher's room which was far inside the building, he had to take a long way out. which wooyoung found it troublesome.

nonetheless, he strode briskly so that he would leave as soon as possible. when he made a turn, he saw the person he's been missing lately.

"san..." he whispered.

wooyoung's lips curved into a smile as he walked up to the said male. san closed his locker and locked it. when he turned around, his gaze met wooyoung's. he widened his eyes while he watched wooyoung walking towards him. san inhaled and spun to walk away. this made wooyoung feel confused.

"wait, san," he called out but san acted like he didn't hear him. so, wooyoung jogged his way to him and grabbed his hand. "hey–"

san stopped when he felt his hand was taken. he turned his head to look at their held hands, and then at wooyoung. then, roughly, he snatched wooyoung's hand from him and said coldly, "don't touch me ever again." he turned to leave.

wooyoung felt like he was stabbed in the back. he had never seen san looked so cold like that. it scared him for a second. he sighed and continued walking to the exit of the building, which was the same direction san went.

on his way, he heard a noise coming from the direction of where he was going. "what is that?" wooyoung heard some shouting. curious, he picked up his pace and walked to the source of the noise. that way, he was able to listen to it more clearly.

"didn't i tell you? you'll regret saying that to me that day!" someone shouted. and then, a bang as heard. it was the sound of someone punching the locker door.

wooyoung hurriedly went to the scene to take a look. the hallway then was divided into two ways, left and right. wooyoung looked to his left, there was nothing. when he glanced at his right, he widened his eyes.

"who do you think you are, huh? do you think you're that good?!" yeonjun yelled at san who was pinned to the wall. he gripped on san's collar tightly and added loudly, "tell me!!"

san winced at his loud voice. "n-n-no..." he answered weakly.

"yeah, that's right. you're nobody, san. that means you can't talk back to me. how many times do i have to tell you again?" yeonjun said through his gritted teeth. "remember one time when i beat you so hard because of that same reason? wanna have a taste of my beating again?"

san held back his whimper. he remembered the memory he wanted to forget so well. it was horrible and the most painful beating he'd ever received from yeonjun. san shook his head with his eyes wide. "no..! please no!"

"aww, i'm sure you've been missing it, right?" yeonjun smiled, then let go of san's collars but remained close to him. he cracked his knuckles. san shut his eyes and prepared to obtain the punch and feel the stinging pain on his cheeks then. however, before yeonjun could throw his punch at his prey, a hand grabbed his wrist, avoiding him to do so.

yeonjun widened his eyes this time and uttered, "what the hell?"

wooyoung grabbed yeonjun's wrist and threw it to the side. "don't you dare lay a finger on him." he threatened, his eyes turning dark.

san heard this familiar voice and opened his eyes to gasp at the scene before him. "yah! who are you?" yeonjun asked angrily. "you don't need to know my name. all i'm asking is that don't ever think of touching san again." wooyoung answered. san gulped at this side of wooyoung.