Complacent Enemy

"So how is he going to get the van to stop?" Cameron asked next to Kayla. They were in a kind of suburban area, it all looked so normal. At least from what they had seen in pictures and books. All of them had been born after the change to the world. But still it looked eerie to them, like life had been better, and they might never know it.

The yards were kept up to a point, but the people living in these houses weren't all human. Many of them possessed or humans that went about serving them. Traitors, how could they want that kind of life?

"Don't know we'll have to watch." Kayla said looking to where Savon was standing in the road. He was just standing there, waiting. They knew that the van would be here in around five minutes. Chances were that the demon driving would more than likely drive him over than stop for him.

It was dark at the moment, and the fog thick in this area, so they had cover. Besides what human would come into this area and try to attack one of their own? It was suicidal. Lucky they had an escape plan through the sewers. It was an area they knew would be over looked and people were waiting with get away vehicles for them.

"Incoming." Anna said next to Kayla. She looked at the woman, she didn't like her. Didn't trust her, just like Savon. Actually she found that Savon was trust worthy. She just didn't like him, despite what Neil said. Anna on the other hand rubbed Kayla the wrong way.

They looked down the road and shifted getting ready, this had to be fast and silent. They were relying on Savon to do that for them. They couldn't be caught before this could be done. They needed to get Remis, he was a very strong and powerful demon. He was responsible for holding many of the lesser demons that were sent out to find groups like theirs.

"What's he doing?" Todd asked watching Savon who raised a hand and made an odd circular motion with his hand. He stopped it mid air and moved his fingers like he was typing something and then dropped his hand and stood there. Several of them raised their eyebrows. 

_____Savon____

Savon watched the headlights appear in the fog and found the demon's mind who drove. He needed to get in his head and control him. One demon wouldn't be noticed by Astor. If he went around taking the control of many he'd be found instantly. He didn't want to control them, he wanted them dead but this would help.

His eyes were their normal green after he lowered his arm. He just waited and with his mind alone he demanded that the demon stop the van when he saw him. The demon didn't even realize he was being manipulated as he slowed the van and stopped barely three feet from Savon. Like he said his acolyte was a top level creature, he could thank Astor for that. 

Savon moved around to the driver's door and the door opened, the demon stepped out. A man of average height and build. Just a worker demon. One that wasn't high on the list, a human soul that was twisted into this thing. So it was easy to take control of one, but the longer he did it the more risk he ran. One of losing energy and two another reaching out to this demon and finding a block.

"A lose human, where is your owner?" The demon asked getting out. In an area like this all the human's living there would have an owner, they would be marked. One that was responsible for them, a lose human was a human up for grabs.

"I want your van." Savon said looking at him. He felt his companion moving against his mind waiting to strike. To kill. The demon gave a laugh and pulled out a weapon. It looked like a small rod of some kind. He still had no idea that Savon had manipulated him. That he was still a presence in his mind, his acolyte wanted to laugh in this things face. To think that he thought himself more powerful.

"You'll regret leaving your keeper." He said and came forward. Savon pulled one of his blades out from his back. The demon had failed to see them when he'd come forward. Savon swung once and got him in the side as he pulled out the second.