Finding Trouble

Savon looked at their small group as they stood in an area that had a lot of shrubs and a few trees. He stood back slightly from the group as always but heard every word perfectly. Neil was speaking at the moment. He wasn't as cold to Savon as he thought he would be, but there was a greater distance than before. They were going to break up into three groups, three people each and sweep through the building. 

"What do you have?" Todd asked Savon.

"To tell the truth. I can't feel a thing." They all looked uneasy at that.

"Nothing?" Todd asked.

"It's quiet, I feel others here, just not what they are." He said, "I think that this group has been killed or is being used to bring others in."

"You don't think Astor is here." One said looking around.

"No, what could this group offer him that he couldn't get from a human in the city? No this group is just waiting to see if more humans will show. I think that a barrier has been put up and if I get across it then I will know."

"Alright, we'll wait. Do you think you can get in closer?"

"Yes." Savon said looking at Neil, just stab him right now. Better yet lie to them and take care of him there. Let the demons take the fall.

Not an option. Even if it was something he'd love to do. I will not kill those with me, I will not  murder. He chanted to himself to keep his acolyte in check. It grumbled at the chant because it just gave up. Instead focused on what it needed to find out.

He moved forward passing the others noting Kayla from the corner of his eye but not fully looking at her. She will be fun.

Yes. He said to himself, last night he'd gone over a few things in his head. He'd decided that her he'd like to have. However it was not something that would be easy. She wasn't one like Anna to just be had. He'd have to work at that, and the game would be half the fun. Why deny himself something that he wanted? Wasn't like he'd be hurting anyone in the process, quite the opposite really.

He jogged a short distance and then down a slope stopping near the building. There was fog starting to creep into the area. Fog that hadn't been there before, this area had been free of it, but now it was moving in. Savon glanced up at the night sky. With in the next day it would be eclipsed here by fog as humans lost yet more ground. It wouldn't be ask thick like in the cities, light would still come through. It would just be a foggy world that made the sky hard to see.

The building was three stories and it was run down looking. Paint pealing from it and blown out windows. He sensed the area now and turned going back to the others. They were waiting.

"There are six humans inside. I don't know if they are being held or not. The rest are all demons, perhaps ten of them. Plus two fliers up top and a shadow demon. There's another odd presence, one I'm not sure of but it feels more like an animal."

"Why so many for such a group?"

"Perhaps because they knew others would come and wanted to out number and over power them. Probably under orders to drag us back." Kayla said pulling out her weapons. Several others did as well.

"Can't let them do that, nor take the others. Let's be rid of the bastards." Leo said and the others agreed. Savon was the only silent one, but in his mind he was giddy with excitement that he would be able to kill and destroy.

"Okay, quick and silent. Set up the explosives." Neil said. "Kill quick and as quietly as possible. The more we take down that way the better." There were nods and then they broke up, each team had an ear piece and mouth piece.