Easy To Blame

"He killed him." Neil said in controlled anger. They'd lost six in going to that house. "You just up and stabbed him to death."

"He was possessed." Savon responded from where he was and really not in the mood for this bullshit. He shouldn't have to explain himself. 

"You can exorcise a demon, you didn't even try to stop him. You just killed him."

"I'll think of that the next time I save your life. Or we are in the middle of a shit show." Savon said, he was in pain. Bruises marred him everywhere and he had bleeding wounds. He looked like a truck had hit him. Glass was still in some of the wounds from where he'd gone out the French doors. And here this asshole was questioning him?

"You didn't think to save him, you could do that to any one of us just because you prefer to kill first and ask questions later." Neil said. Greg was stitching Neil's wounds, no one was by Savon. Mainly because he looked so bad and his eyes were still bright.

"He was dead already, all that was in the body was that possessor."

"You can't know that." Neil said with disgust. "You didn't even know that Astor was in the house. Several heads turned toward him.

"Astor is far more powerful than I am, you selfish prick." Savon snapped. "How many times have I help anyone in this room? Told you all the number that was there and the kinds that there were, and when have I even been wrong or mislead you?"

"He has a point." Todd spoke up. "I mean he wasn't wrong, he just missed Astor."

"That is a big thing to miss!" Ian said.

"Then you do it the next time we go. You face him next time and see how well you come out." Neil stood up looking at him.

"He probably let you go, sent you back here to find us. Probably the only reason that you are still alive, made a deal. He is just like you after all." Neil acused from where he stood now. Savon stepped forward and swung. Neil went back and over the couch.

Todd rushed forward with a couple others and tried to restrain Savon. His strength surprised them. 

"Fuck you!" Savon exclaimed shrugging the others off, it hurt to be touched.

"I saved your life, and stayed there so he wouldn't follow any of you back. Look at me!" He shouted at them. "You think I enjoyed having the shit kicked out of me? I'd rather die than be at that creature's mercy ever again." His eyes were nearly neon green and the others stepped back. Neil stood up but didn't say anything rubbing his jaw, he thought it was dislocated for a moment. Savon flexed his hand and looked at the others. 

"Don't ask me for help, don't ask me for anything. If you all think that I'm just like them, you can go fuck yourselves. See how far you get without me."

"We don't all think that." Todd said to him. Savon looked at him, well at least a few where grateful for what he did. Savon just turned and left the group he couldn't be around them, he wanted to attack them. To show them what he could really do. It spoke volumes that the voice in his head was quiet, it told him that he didn't need convincing, he could do it.

"Cameron was dead, he had to be when Savon killed the demon." He heard Kayla say as he walked away. He didn't look back just kept going to leave the room. "I saw the gaping wound in the right side of his chest. He would have died from the blood loss alone." Neil looked at her, he sat down hard. 

"Astor was fixated on him, you saw it. He put himself in front of us. Gave us a chance to escape." Kayla implored, because she thought that it was very unfair for Savon to be judged so. He looked like he'd taken a severe beating with a spiked mace. No one else said anything because they all knew that their success was mainly due to Savon and his talents.