Knowing When To Run

"Why do you fight for these humans? They are so much less and you could be so powerful." Remis said in the language of the dead. One that only those from the other side would know. Savon knew it because he was born to it. Well his acolyte was.

"I will do what I want." He answered. "And you are in my way." He told him and swung the blade in his left hand at him. Remis blocked it by picking up a lamp but Savon hit him in the side with the blade in his right hand. Remis came forward and they crashed to the floor. One of Savon's blades was knocked loose and slid away from him.

"There is a great reward for you." Remis growled blood dripping from his mouth.

"You won't get it." Savon supplied slamming his head forward and into Remis's. Remis fell back and Savon was on him. He drove the blade he had into his abdomen and dug his nails into Remis's chest tearing at the flesh. His hands, more like claws at the moment. Savon's features twisting slightly. Becoming more animal like, even his canines were sharper in that moment.

Remis flipped Savon off of him and went at him pulling out the blade. Savon rolled as the blade came down. It missed and Remis came at him again but stopped as pain showed across his face. Behind him stood Kayla holding the other blade, it was stuck in his back. Thing about high level demons, they just didn't go down easy.

Savon took the moment to grab the blade that Remis had away from him. He swung it up and into his neck nearly taking his head completely off. Remis fell to his side not moving, but Savon knew that he was dead this time. He moved to get up, Kayla looking at him. For once he was glad for teamwork.

She turned and ran to where Neil had helped Todd up. He didn't look in such good shape. The smell of his human blood calling to Savon but he ignored it.

"We have to go!" Someone said coming into the room. "We're going to be in deep trouble in little bit here." Neil handed Todd off to the man that came to them, he turned to them.

"We have to check for others. Make sure that they made it out." He said.

"The only ones in the house are downstairs in the basement." Savon said.

"We'll check." Neil said and moved to leave the room. Savon made an annoyed sound and Kayla followed after grabbing her weapon from the floor.

They ran down one hall and came to the stairs, running down them finding no one. Just as they came to the next set of stairs that went down and into the living room. Cameron came running out of a room there and looked at them.

"We have to go." He said and Neil nodded going first and gesturing for him to follow. Kayla right before him. Cameron moved to follow, but Savon slammed his weapon down on the hand rail stopping his progress.

"What are you doing? We have to go." Cameron exclaimed. The others looked up.

"You are not Cameron." He answered.

"Of course I am, now let's go." Savon up and swung at Cameron who jumped back. Kayla and Neil both shouting for him to stop.

"He's not Cameron." Savon pointed his weapon. "Another possesses his body." Neil opened his mouth to say something but Cameron laughed. A deep evil laugh that wasn't him.

"Very good human." Cameron turned and darted for the two on the stairs just missing Savon's blade. He hit Kayla who went back and into Neil. The three of them ending up in a heap at the bottom. Savon was fast to follow. Cameron grabbed Neil dragging him back.

He pulled out a blade and moved to plunge it into Neil's chest. They were in the living room and from where Savon and Kayla stood it was easy to see the massive wound on Cameron's chest that had been hidden by his vest a moment before. Cameron could not be saved, his eyes were solid black, and his human soul was gone, they both knew it.