Job Well Done?

Savon got the master demon in the arm. The hit was a good one and the arm was nearly useless now. However this one wasn't going to give up easily. Savon came at him hard and fast. He was better than this being, Savon wasn't even bleeding, where he was.

"Kiore!" The demon shouted jumping back out of the way as Savon swung one blade and then the other. Just barely getting him with how well he was managing to dodge the blows.

"Savon!" Kayla shouted a warning from where she was near Todd untying him. Savon turned and jumped back. The hell-hound came within inches of slamming him to the ground with its six hundred pounds of weight. 

"Kill him." The demon shouted spittle flying. The hell-hound turned, facing Savon. Its lips pulled back and the sharp silver teeth gleamed in the light. It was watching him moving forward but just out of striking distance waiting for a weak spot. Savon though quickly, his other half filling in information from what it knew.

He needed to take the confidence from the animal. It wasn't like it or the demon was leaving this room alive. His scent changed to what he was and the hellhounds ears went from their up right position to back and flat against its skull. A angry hissing growl came from it, the demon scented the change too and really looked at him.

"You can't be acolyte." He said to him. The human's wouldn't understand the language being used. Savon swung a blade around and looked at the demon. His eyes alone marked what he was, and they both knew it. No other had the bright color with the dark black ring.

Savon figured that if he killed the demon the hellhound was fucked. It would have to go back to hell with its master dead. That or drop dead itself, and that wasn't a problem.

The demon is the easier kill, in this I wish to keep my limbs and not regenerate them. Savon agreed with his inner voice. He moved toward the demon but the hellhound was fast and cut him off. So it clearly had to default and save its pitiful owner.

What a waste for such a magnificent creature. Savon didn't know if he would call the creature magnificent. His acolyte seemed to think so. Maybe it was, the thing was built to fight. Designed for the kill and that was something he understood.

"Eight minutes to clear the building." Came Neil's voice. He saw Kayla and Todd over by the other humans.

"Eight." He said to them and they glanced at him and moved faster. The hell-hound was aware of them but its biggest problem was Savon. Savon moved forward to where the demon was edging to the door of the room. Savon cut him off but the hell-hound then cut Savon off in return. It was an aggravating game of cat and mouse.

"I don't have to fight with you, you can do what you want with them." The master said gesturing to those humans in the room.

"I want you." Savon answered. Swinging as the hellhound lunged, he managed to nick it as it jumped back. Savon saw Kayla edging forward, and figured that for her movements to go unnoticed would aid him. Give him what he needed, he'd have to make sure the hell-hound wasn't paying attention to her.

Savon lunged at the demon and Kayla swung hard and sure, cracking the chunk of wooden beam that she held over the hellhounds head. It stunned it for a moment. Just long enough for Savon to plunge one blade into the demon's chest, and swing the other to take his head.

The hell-hound froze where it was and just sat down. The move was sudden and not what he expected. It looked a lot like it suddenly lost the will to do anything. As if and invisible choker had pulled it back into a sitting position. It didn't move just sat there looking at Savon with its unblinking orange eyes. It didn't disappear like he thought it would, instead it just watched him. He didn't trust that. What was it doing? He didn't know the magic or ability for a hell-hound.