Everyone Has A Part

Savon got out of the vehicle when it came to a stop. He looked toward the trees and the darkness there not so far away. He knew that the hell-hound was there watching, waiting. Just what it was waiting for he didn't know. Kayla jumped out next to him and he looked at her.

Her touch on his skin had been oddly stimulating, soft but sure. The sensations over the marking on his body were different than over the rest of him. Over the marking, he only felt the touch by proxy of his acolyte. It felt the real touch, and only the skin between the marking could Savon truly feel. His other half had enjoyed the touch very much. Something other than a weapon slicing into it.

I want to touch. It said to his mind, it had been badgering him since she'd touched him in the car. Not like he could with the others around, didn't think they respond very kindly to that. Well it wasn't like they could really tell him not too. Still he didn't need the complication if she decided to yell at him. Second that was a sure way to ruin a lot of things, letting his dark half do what it wanted.

Relax. He snapped, and an annoyed sound came from him. One that he couldn't control, but no one noticed. They'd parked their cars a short walk away under some cover so they couldn't be spotted. Then walked toward the gas station that was there. A few leaving to go in different entrances to make their numbers smaller.

Savon decided to stay outside and just stopped short of going in, leaning against the building. The others went in, he had a few things that he had to take care of. Neil was walking toward him, the last of the group to come up. He looked at Savon, he stopped near the door. His look not exactly friendly, but when had it ever been?

"I don't agree with what you did to Cameron, but I'm willing to accept that there wasn't anything we could have done to save him. Kayla said she saw the wound." Savon wasn't sure why he was talking to him. He gave a kind of annoyed sound, and glanced at the entrance before Savon again.

"You aren't normal, you never will be and I just don't think that Drake's trust in you is logical. You are reliable and haven't done anything, but you are part one of them."

"What is your point?" Savon asked.

"That I'm waiting for you to prove Drake wrong."

"Drake is rarely wrong."

"This time I think that he is, and you aren't something we can fully trust. You stay with us and use us because it is convenient and helps you gain your own end." He said.

"Just what would be my own end?" Neil gave a shrug and moved past him.

"I'm watching."

"If you truly don't think me trustworthy why do you send me out alone with others? Aren't you worried I might do something to them?" He got the man's logic, but at the same time he didn't. It had been a long fucking time since Savon joined this group.

"It's why I put you with those that already trust and would work with you. I'm sure you've managed to do something to them like you do some of the demons."

"I'll remember this conversation the next time your life is on the line." He said. "I didn't have to save you." Neil just looked at him and then disappeared into the darkness of the building. Savon heard the door open and then close, the lock engaging.

Savon waited a bit and then walked away from the building and over to the darkness of the trees there. He moved in a short ways and found the hell-hound sitting there on its haunches. Its posture read as more submissive at the moment. What the hell was he going to do about this? If those like Neil found out...

"What do you want?" He asked it point blank, not leaving out the annoyance and aggravation.

"Whatever you want me to do." It said, it made a sound that couldn't be a language but it was and Savon understood it.