Killing Demons

Kayla put an arm out and stopped Todd who was right behind her. Both she and him were covered in blood from the two that they had just come across. It was a hard fight. A bloody one, and with the sounds now outside those down the hall had to know.

Todd grabbed her and pulled her into a room to their left, pushing the door almost closed. They stood back watching through the crack of the door as three people went by. One of them Remis, They didn't know the other two that were with him.

"I thought that Savon said there was four up here." Todd whispered.

"He did." She said quietly.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but three just went by. We killed two up here, that makes five, I've never known him to fail at the numbers before." Kayla looked at him and they moved toward the door opening it and stepping into the deserted hall. We'll she guessed there was a first for everything, and maybe the other had come from below or something.

There was a loud sound and crashing through one of the doors came a soldier demon and Neil. They ran forward to help him, killing the thing quickly as they out numbered it. They glanced the way the group went hoping they didn't turn around.

"Thanks." Neil said moving back into the room, "This connects to a different room that goes downstairs." He said and they followed. The door to the room slammed closed before they could reach it and they skidded to a stop.

"Stay won't you?" Said a dark voice from across the room. They stopped and looked over. The three of them taking a step back and forming a line holding their weapons at the ready. Their guns weren't going to work this time.

"Remis." Neil said, next to him were four soldier demons. Things that did as they were told. There was no thoughts really going through their heads. Just dogs doing a masters bidding. One with Remis's power could call them up easily and not suffer much for it.

"You humans are more trouble than you are worth." He stated.

"You just keep underestimating us." Kayla said. Remis looked at her assessing her.

"No, we don't. You are just simply stupidly persistent. Those of you with fight are much more fun to play with." He said. "Kill them."

The soldier demons darted forward and the three of them put their backs together and fought them off. Todd managed to kill one and they were all wounded by the time Kayla got the second. Remis was watching them. Like it was an amusing game. Clearly he didn't think they were going to be able to do shit to him.

The two that were left rushed them at the same time. The first got Todd dragging him away from them. They were fighting but Todd was bleeding heavily. The second got Neil taking him to the ground but then sprung up to get Kayla.

She went down and got it in the side with her smaller blade, it howled in pain. Neil had gotten up and went for Todd who needed more help. Kayla gave a shout as claws got her across the arm. She reached for her belt and pulled out a vile of holy water.

She smashed it across its face and the thing screeched in pain. She took the distraction to plunge her weapon in its chest and then to chop it in the neck. She wanted to be sure that it was dead, she cried out and someone grabbed her by the hair.

Kayla was tossed into an end table and over it. She was grabbed by the hair once again and hauled up onto her feet. Remis removed his grip and held her by the back of her throat. She could see Neil still fighting with the severely injured demon. Todd barely moving.

"Normally I'd take my time." He said whipping her around, griping the front of her throat stopping her ability to breathe. "Don't have that pleasure at the moment." His words were slurred and Kayla felt a spike of fear rush through her as she saw why.

His teeth weren't normal, they were two rows of jagged sharp jaws, making him look far from human. He was going to tear into her, drink her blood and kill her right there. It would be painful and it would most likely take her a bit of time to die from the blood loss.

"Fear always makes it taste so much sweeter." He gripped her hair letting go of her throat and yanking her head back. She tried to twist away as his mouth came down but she was held where she was. She closed her eyes and prayed it would be quick.

She felt the brush of his teeth, along with a jerk to his body. His grip loosened on her and he let go of her. She dropped to the floor, she hadn't even realized that she had been raised from the floor for a moment. Kayla looked up and the tip of a blade was sticking out of his chest on her side.

It was pulled out and he stumbled turning around to face his blood soaked attacker. Kayla had never felt such relief as that moment when she saw Savon. He looked cold and deadly, but god she could run up and kiss him at this moment. She felt like laughing hysterically, but couldn't give into that. No she was alive, her throat wasn't torn out. She needed to get back on her feet to fight.

"Savon." Remis said and when he spoke next it wasn't understandable a completely different language. Savon was the only one that seemed to understand what he said. Remis put a hand to his bleeding chest, but was still standing. Clearly one blade stick wasn't going to slow him down much.