9 || Festival

-at the day of the Manberg Festival-

"Everything ready Y/N?" He said leaning on my door frame with his arms crossed above his chest.

"Wait for a moment" I said and looked at myself at the mirror for the last time while fixing my crown. I equiped everything I needed, crossbow, fireworks and Trident "Let's keep going" I said as we left my home

As we entered Manberg, there were people welcoming us in Manberg. But someone caught my eye, Niki.

I walked up to her and greeted her "Hello! Your name is Niki, right?"

"U-uh- yeah my names Niki, your name is Y/n?" She asked and I nodded. She looked at me with fear and her hands were shaking.

I sighed and held her hand "There is nothing to get scared of me, alright?" I reasurred her then let go.

I left her alone with her other friends, I followed Techno where the others at. The others were playing and I just watched them

Techno joined them as they played together before everyone gathering at the Podium.

- - - - -

Everyone went back at the Podium with such innocence plastered in their faces because they were happy.

I sat beside Techno then kept quiet.

"Hello everybody! Welcome to the festival of Manberg" Schlatt said through his mic and everyone cheered. I just clapped not wanting to scream or cheer a bit "I invited all the citizens of Manberg, some of my close friends of mine and one guest to enjoy the festivity in this nation. We have a lot of great things around here and I know that you have already enjoyed. And anything else, I think my right hand man Tubbo will give a speech" Schlatt gestured Tubbo to go at his place, the boy shakily stood infront of us and lookee through the crowd.

His eyes wondered around until his eyes widened at a certain spot before glancing back here. My eyes looked at the left building where he saw something, then there I saw two figures standing on the roof.

It was Tommy and Wilbur spying.

I shook my head before glancing back infront of me. The crowd cheered for Tubbo again.

"Good afternoon to everyone" Tubbo's voice echoed through the mic making everyone silent "A wise man once told me that L'manberg was like a lettuce, there are so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash all of the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it is a pretty damn good meal"

My expression became confused when Tubbo gave this kind of opening speech.

"Schlatt has succeeded in washing all of the insects off from our great nation and with that, he is allowed the good to shine through" Tubbo continued

I looked at Techno who was focusing at the speech then back at them.

"I would like you all to look around on what we have built today and how far we havr come. Look at each other...all of this...thanks to democracy and the leadership of Jschlatt!" The crowd cheered on Tubbo then I felt Schlatt's glance on me "and that is what this festival is all about; democracy. Our people? They have been beaten down by royals and by dictators for so long. Now, we are finally free" He continued then I remembered what Wilbur have told us.

He will push the button after Tubbo's speech. I looked at Techno who was not really bugging, still focusing.

"Free to elect who we want! Free to live how we want! And most importantly, free to go where we want without the confines of those huge walls, so with that in mind. I would like to thank everyone for coning to this wonderful event!"