What Went Wrong?!

'What's taking them so long?'

Sakura stayed seated under the bushes covered and becoming a shadow hidden by the large trees in the forest. The noises of small critters can be heard moving here and there around them and even under them.

Sakura tries her best not to look down, she doesn't want to know what type of bugs are walking around beside her legs.

Adaline stays surprisingly quiet beside her, maybe understanding how serious the situation is. The guard and the driver that was left back to watch over the young ladies watch their surrounding in alert for anything.

Sakura tried to ease up her worries, but she noticed that it has been longer than what was estimated for the groups return.

'What the hell is happening? We even had one of the guards send his contracted animal to send word for backup. Yet the battle still hasn't finished?'

Sakura made sure that her plan becomes a spotless as it can with her level of knowledge of strategizing and planning.

'I recalled that the only reason word was sent of an attack at that time was because one of the guards had contract magic, a type of magic that is categorized as dark magic.'

It is a subgroup of dark magic, as there is different grouping of each main magic category. An example of such a thing is water magic, it has two groups, one being water control, while the other being ice control. Sakura's grandmother and Raphael can be categorized in water magic, however they are specialized in ice magic that is a subgroup of it.

'The guy had a contract flying bird, one with enough speed to get help to arrive in the middle of the battle. Especially because I told Kano to have them send the bird before they headed to the location, so help literally should have arrived in the middle of the fight!'

***
"Kano."
Sakura grabs Kano's arm and pulls him to get closer. Noticing the eyes around him, he quickly leaned closer so she can whisper what she wants to say to him.

"There is a guard here who has contract magic. He made a contract with a type of small bird species. That one over there."

Sakura glanced at where she sees the guard speaking with another one, both getting ready for the upcoming fight. Kano glanced at the same place and stared for a while but then looked away to indicate he has seen.

"You saw him? Good. Now go and talk to Claus and Zeke about getting that guard to send a bird now so reinforcements arrive when in battle to finish off the remaining cult basta- baddies. Have him send it directly to my uncle Gabriel, he should have arrived this time at the mansion. If not, tell him to send it to one of the stupi- annoying brats that are Adaline's brothers. Got it?"

"I understand."
Kano nods and begins standing up.

"Oh! And I forgot the most important thing."
Sakura did a light facepalm when she remembered how suspicious it would seem if Kano out of nowhere asked about a guy he hasn't talked to to use his contract bird when he never talked about it.

"I forgot. If they ask how you knew of the bird and his magic, just say this:'her highness saw you feeding the bird through the curtains while heading out of the mansion. And she said she was surprised how docile it was and how you didn't seem afraid of it flying away and never returning.  Since I've noticed a bit of your black hair and the comment of the bird, I placed the pieces together and concluded that you formed a contract with that bird.' Just around those lines should be good enough to convince them."