Villainess vs. Villain

"Excuse me?"

Zay looked perplexed when he heard Sakura's incoherent mumbling in the end.

"No... , just a moment of deep thought..."

She sighs while using her tied up hands to message between her brows. Her mind a mess from this new information.

'I should have known! The Eternity empire was where he had his hidden base. So why wouldn't he be from somewhere around this parts. But who would have thought I was in the very beginning of that bastards awakening.'

Out of nowhere, she grew dizzy and grabbed the table beside her.

"What the-"

"Hey! Are you ok?"

"Saku!?"

While watching her, Her eyes grew hazy and her hands trembled from his point of view he then saw her eyes become unfocused and her sudden grab of the table for support.

While Adaline thought Sakura was going to faint right there. So she hurriedly got to her side just like Zay did.

He quickly went to support her and untied her hands so it becomes easier for her to move. He crouched to be eye level with her and checked to see what was wrong.

"What's wrong? Did you get hurt in the head?"

Zay quickly but lightly checked her head for any damage.

"No... I-I just felt a bit dizzy. It didn't hurt, just that I couldn't keep steady."

Sakura slowly shook herself away from the sudden wave of dizziness.

'What the hell was that? I almost blacked out just there.'

She groans in irritation and narrowed her eyes with confusion.

'Am I growing exhausted from all the thinking I've been doing... no, that might actually be it. I've been racking my head with so many things this last few hours. From how to keep Adaline alive to how I'm going to find an escape plan. I've been thinking of all possible routes and the pro and cons of each route, I must be overusing my brain by this point.'

"I think I may know why you are in this state."

Zay hesitantly said when he helps her steady herself in the chair. She looks at him in both surprise and curiosity.

"You used magic while children your age would never have a bit of sense of the magic around them. Yet here you used it, and it wasn't weak either. What's more, it is unstable in your young body. It may have caused a type of disturbance to you physically and mentally."

'!! There was that too! A child who started to unconsciously release magic while never being trained how to control it would have died by now or would have tragic side effects. Sakura who was forcefully trained when discovered to use magic was frail as a child, always sick and bedridden until she started to get control of it.'

"I'm fine. Right now we have more important things to worry about."

She glances at Adaline who was looking worriedly at Sakura.