8. Prom

(1 MONTH LATER)

 Ivy, seriously, you are going to this fucking prom ok?!" she sighed, finishing up my make-up"but you lot have dates, i'm going alone!" I huffed flopping back down onto my bed"so what! your a powerful woman

"but you lot have dates, i'm going alone!" I huffed flopping back down onto my bed
"so what! your a powerful woman. going by yourself will boost that"
"lower my self esteem more like"
"Ivy..."
"Rosalie..."
just as the whole fight started we heard everyone shuffle about downstairs
"we should probably go be with them, right?" I asked
"yeah. Emmett is probably wanting me. but you will be at the prom" with that she left a small tap on the bridge of my nose and left. I just sat there for a second before sitting back up and grabbing a random book from the shelf - I love all the books I have so I didn't really mind whatever I chose, once I had it I picked my little bag off the hanger, shoved my phone, earphones, book and some gum. I grabbed a plastic bag, threw normal clothes in there then finally made my way to the kitchen.

not particularly excited for the night ahead I slowly made my way down,

"look at you!" Esme awed as I got into their view
"thanks" I chuckled before realising what time it was
"oh, Alice and I - you can come with if you want, are going to go to Bella's and help her get ready... she has no idea we are going to prom so shush" Edward explained
"I might as well come, I honestly have nothing better to do"
"alright, sorted then. Well see the rest of you in school?" Edward said
everyone nodded before Edward practically dragged Alice and I out into the garage, he got into his car and Alice and I got into Carlisle's Mercedes before speeding off to Bella's house. Once we got there Alice barely gave herself a chance to park the car before she was at the front door, frantically pressed the doorbell waiting for an answer. I chuckled slightly before trying to settle down into my seat in the car, I decided that I didn't want to go in... well it wasn't really a decision, more a choice of the dress. Anyway, I bent down slightly to pick up my bag when the door on my side of the car swung open roughly.

"Ivy, come along!"
"I'm staying here" I sighed pushing my brothers hand away
"but Charlie will want to see your dress" Edward whined
"Never in a million years does Charlie want to see my dress." I protested, but it wasn't worth my breath as Edward just grabbed me and stood me on the ground outside of the car
"he does, he likes you and Alice" Then he wouldn't let my arm go as he dragged me across the street and through Bella's front door. there stood Charlie, his arms instantly crossing at the sight of Edward, but he softened once he saw me.

"Ivy" He said
"Hi Charlie" I smiled lightly in his direction
"I uh- like the dress" awkward as always - but I knew what he was really thinking.
"thank you, It's not very comfortable though" I shuffled around
"you can go and sit down for a little bit, In the living room." he gestured towards the living room
"thank you, again" I smiled once more before waddling off in my stupid heels...

AT THE PROM

"Ivy, your by yourself now. will you be okay?" Edward asked as he walked towards me, I looked at him, a little confused, before looking behind him and seeing the slightly crippled Bella standing with a tanned, muscle-y guy with long dark hair.
"whos that?" I asked
"Jacob Black" his face went paler, if that was even possible - it seemed the mention of his name angered him in a way.
"oh, uh." I suddenly went awkward "but uh - I'll be ok, by myself. you know I probably wont even stay that long at all" I chuckled
he shot me a smile "ok then, remember that we are all here, if you need anything" he ended the conversation there before swiftly moving stand with Bella, pulling her closer to him, so this Jacob kid couldn't touch her.

I didn't want to go in, I really didn't, but I knew I had to. so I followed a big group into the room.
it was packed in there, normal kids dancing and laughing together, and then my family dancing with each other, at the other side of the room.

I decided on staying around the sides, making sure people didn't trip over my dress as they tried going around me, As time went on i got bored watching everyone dance, so I decided to join in. Edward had soon enough pulled me out of the crowd, laughing at my dance moves before forcing me to take a few idiotic pictures with him at the photo booth.

ONE HOUR LATER...
I didn't stay at the prom very long, but I didn't want to go home and tell Esme why I left... that's because I didn't have an excuse - I just didn't have a date... and it got boring. so I decided I just have to have some alone time. anyway because Alice and I came in Carlisle's car - I wasn't allowed to drive it, so I got into the car, grabbed some paper out of the glovebox and wrote a little note -
Alice,
I hope you dont mind, but I didn't want to be at the prom, and you know I'm not allowed to drive Carlisles car, so I took Edwards. will you let Edward and Bella take this? then you can go with Jasper... I'm SORRY for being a pain :(
From Ivy

once I finished writing it, I stuck the note on the steering wheel, grabbed everything i brought with me and went across the parking lot to Edwards car. I got in, threw my bags onto the passengers side before diving to my, I guess, happy place...

HAPPY PLACE - THE BEACH...
I grabbed my little handbag thing and walked along the soggy sand until I got to the spot, but the problem with 'my spot/ random piece of driftwood' is that it Is VERY close to the La Push - Forks border, like when I'm sat, I'm practically in La Push, where I'm technically not allowed to be, you know the treaty and all that crap. but of course when i was there i threw everything around just to get myself comfortable before falling into a book...

(AS SHE READ SHE HEARD LEAVES CRUNCHING, SAND MOVING - BUT SHE TOOK NO NOTICE OF IT, THAT WAS UNTIL THE NOISES APPEARED INFRONT OF HER, SOMETHING SEEMED TO BE GOING BACK AND FOURTH, SHE AGAIN, TRIED TO IGNORE IT BUT WHEN SHE SHIFTED ON THE DRIFTWOOD SHE SAT ON, THE NOSIES STOPPED)

"hello.." the voice appeared quite close, I looked up and met a pair of brown glistening eyes, those of which she knew belonged to that boy who spoke to Bella before the prom... Jacob Black
"oh, uh, hi! sorry I uh never expected anyone to be here..." I shut my book and smiled awkwardly at him
"yeah, no me neither." he shrugged before turning his head slightly to the side, then sighing "I uh, I better go. I'll see you around...?"
"Ivy" I smiled
"see you around Ivy"
and with that he ran to the direction of La Push. I sighed and threw myself back on the wood, I really wanted to talk to him, god knows why - it would of been some nice company for the next hour...

(1,265 words)