18. The Volturi

( A/N - this chapter is longgggg sorry :) )

"Enough." Jane the pains horrid voice called
Felix and Demetri backed away instantly, Edward and Alice copied, pulling Bella with them, though i stayed where i was.
Edward nodded towards her "Jane"
"who is she?" Bella asked Alice
"Just do as she says" Alice replied
Jane threw Edward an over coat, but i caught it.
"he wont be needing that, thank you" I tossed it back at her
"we where wondering when you'd return Ivy" she shot me a fake smile
"Yeah, of course you were" i rolled my eyes throwing Edward one of his own hoodies I'd brought with me on my short trip, which was only meant to go to Forks, but of course the corse changed. He put the hoodie on and thanked me.
"follow me" Jane announced before she turned on her heel and headed up th alley, Felix smirked and waved my siblings and Bella ahead of him, but he stopped me and made me walk with him instead, he was keeping me creepily close to his side, as they always used to.
- THE WHITE MARBLE HALL -
As we entered the hall i was dragged over to one side with Felix, where he dumped me right next to Marco and went to the opposite side with Jane and Demetri.
"nice to see you again, Princess" Marco smirked down at me, my whole body seemingly much smaller than his.
"Marco, I told you years ago not to call me that" i sighed
he looked me up and down as his left arm snaked around my waist, I looked over to Edward and saw him tense up as he was looking at his hand on me.
Why's he grabbing you like that? tell him to fuck off.
It's fine Edward...
iTs FiNe EdWaRd - you dont look confortable
Some how he mocked me through thoughts
I'll sort it myself. Aro will want you now
And with that I brought my focus back to Marco

"These clothes dont suit you as much as these" he pointed to his own clothes
"I like these" I whispered just as Aro got off his seat and walked towards Edward and Bella, greeting them like old friends, he took Edwards hand and looked at him.

"What a happy surprise! Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful?" Aro announced "Her blood appeals to you so much it makes me thirsty. How can you stand to be so close to her?"
"It's not without effort" Edward replied coldly
Aro laughed "I can see that"
Bella was looking very confused so I decided I'd explain, though I knew I'd have to shout a little from where I was.
"One touch and Aro can see every thought a persons ever had in their life" I told her, Aro was still focused on Edward and Bella.
"it's nice to have you back Ivy. But I'm shocked, Neither you or Edward can read Bella's mind, is that right?" Aro didn't turn to look at me, but I could tell he was smiling.
"Yes" I sighed
"Fascinating" he released his grasp from Edwards hand and went for Bella's
"I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well." He asked. she hesitated as she shifted her hand to his. Confusion swept over his face
"Interesting" Aro announced. He released her hand as he moved back to his chair, deep in thought. I guess Edward and I had tapped into his mind
"I wonder if--" Aro started
but Edward and I were fast to shut him down "No!"
he ignored us "Let's see if she's immune to all our powers, shall we Jane?"
Jane turned to Bella but Edward sprung in front of her. Instead Jane focused her gaze on Edward, muttered the word pain just as he collapsed to th ground, she smiled happy to see him in pain.
I couldn't bare it, seeing my brother like that hurt me, so I thought so a second, maybe... just maybe, if I tried it would work.
I tried to step forward but Marco had held me back
"Marco, Let go" I whispered
"I missed you" he uttered into my shoulder, clearly trying to win me back
"isn't that nice? now please, let go, just for a second"
surprisingly he let me go, so I got to step forward, I copied the actions Jane took not 2 minutes prior, then i muttered the word pain as I stared her dead in the eyes then something scary, but incredible happened. Janes eyes shut as she now feel to the floor pain flooding over her this time.
I saw from my side-view Edward get up from the floor and jump for me, he pulled me away from a shocked Marco and dragged me back to where he stood earlier, though my eyes were still locked on Jane. Edward realised and shook me violently.
"Ivy! what are you doing?" he had snapped me out of it
"Brilliant..." I whispered
"extraordinary... I've never seen anything like it..." Aro scanned my face "I knew you were different, Ivy. You, you are the rarest Vampire we know, you can sleep, and now, after spending time with others you gain their powers too..."
"I already knew that, Carlisle figured it out" I huffed
"of course he did, nothing ever gets past our Carlisle..."
I figured Jane had gotten frustrated and bored, so she locked eyes with Edwards, making him collapse to the floor yet again.