•16•

•Toms pov•
"Agh fuck." I groan as my wound is fixed up by the doctor. Haz sits across from me, laughing at my pain.
"I swear to god I'll kill you." I mutter.
Rubin walks into the room, a nervous look on his face. Rubin is in charge of security, and normally he does a damn good job.
"How bad?" I question as the doctor puts the finishing bandage around my wound.
"It's bad..." he says quietly. "I can't trace em, none of them come up with facial recognition. I have no clue why they were here, who they are, or how many are left."
I sigh, running my hand through my hair. Of course this had to happen right after Chloe found out. And now I'm mad at myself for thinking about Chloe when I should be thinking about the mob.
"I want doubled security around the clock and I want more cameras set up in the basement. I'll get information out of the guy Haz caught, and I want it on video." I say.
I pull out my phone, going to Chloes contact and type out a text, but it fails to send. I completely forgot the safe house doesn't have service. I have no way of contacting her, and she has no way of contacting me. I hope she's okay..
"Get Haz a car. He's going to the safe house." I say.
"Yes sir." Rubin nods, leaving the room.
"Like hell I'm leaving. What the fuck? Why would I go to the safe house when there's a guy downstairs who knows everything?" He asks.
"Because I sent Chloe there with Ben and I know she's going to be nervous with him so you need to go take care of her while I fix this mess." I explain.
"Wait.. you sent her with Ben?" He questions. "That guy sucks! He can't protect her!"
"Maybe but at least he's not a creep. Just go stay with her over night and bring her back tomorrow. I'll have all of this fixed by then."
•Chloes Pov•
I sit on the sofa, my whole body still shaking from fear and anxiety. I've seen more drama today than I've seen in my entire life. And now I'm sitting in a small house in the middle of nowhere with a man I don't know.
How did I fucking get here. In all of this?
I throw my phone at the ground, unable to get ahold of anyone. I have to know that Tom is okay.. I can't keep sitting here not knowing what's happening.
The guy Tom sent me here with has been standing at the door with his gun in his hand for two hours now. He's barely moved, and he hasn't talked at all.
Standing from my seat, I grab my phone off the floor and walk over to Ben.
"I need to step outside." I say.
"What for?" He asks.
Really? I'm a prisoner now?
"I need to get cell service." I state.
"Sorry, I'm under strict orders that you don't leave my sight."
I groan, turning around and walking back through the room. There's only one thing to do. This may be an abuse of power, but does that really matter at this point? I mean Toms a mob boss for Christ sake.
"If you don't let me out, I'll tell Tom you called me a bitch." I say.
His eyes widen, obviously not expecting that.
"If you don't open that door Tom will have your ass murdered so fast you won't even have time to call me a liar." I threaten.
"God dammit.... Fine. but stay close." He mutters, opening the door and letting me walk out, but I instantly feel arms grasp around me, lifting me off the ground as I'm thrown over someone's shoulders.
"And where do you think you're going?"
"Haz?" I question and I'm set down in the house once again. The blonde haired boy smiles at me, but quickly looses his silly personality when he looks over to Ben.
"You had one job mate." He says.
"She threatened me!" Ben exclaims.
"You're trained to take on 300 pound men and you're scared of what that little thing can do?" Haz scoffs and my mouth drops.
"Hey!" I gasp.
"Oh shut it short stack." He dismisses me. "Take your shit and head back to the house I've got this from here."
Ben leaves, and I impatiently wait for Haz to tell me what happened. I don't get how he can be so calm and normal when the scariest thing I've ever experienced just happened. His best friend just got shot and he's acting like it never happened.
"Tom is perfectly fine." He says and I let out a relieved breath.
"Thank god." I say.
"And you and I are having a slumber party."
"Absolutely not. I'm not staying here with you." I shake my head.
"Come on it'll be fun. We can binge eat snacks, watch movies, have shirtless pillow fights." He smirks and I roll my eyes at his flirtatious attitude. This is the last thing I need right now.
"I just found out that my only friends are involved in the mafia, then witnessed my best friend getting shot, and you want to watch movies and have pillow fights?" I ask sarcastically.
"Shirtless pillow fights." He corrects.
"You really are the worst." I shake my head.
He gets a smile on his face, yet it only makes me worry what he's going to say next. He can be so annoying and obnoxious sometimes.
"This is either a joke, or a suggestion, based off how you take it." He starts.
"Go on." I encourage.
"I'm amazing in bed." He grins.
"Ew Haz!" I groan, grabbing the pillow from the sofa and throwing it at him, managing to hit him right in the head.
"A joke it is!" He proclaims.
I look out the window at the dark grassy field that seems to extend for miles. We truly are in the middle of nowhere, and now that I'm with someone I know, it's kind of comforting.
"Wanna go on a walk?" I ask.
"In the pitch black?" He questions.
"The stars and moon light it up enough, and we have phone flash lights." I suggest.
He looks out the window, and then to me.
"Yeah alright. Just real quick though." He nods.
"What? Is the big bad mob boss scared of the dark?" I tease.
"Underboss." He corrects. "And no, but I am scared of wild animals that could tear us to shreds."
"Oh boo hoo don't be a baby Harrison." I say, and open the door, grabbing his hand to pull him out.
We walk through the grassy field for about five minutes, and then sit down in the center as we look up at the moon and stars. If Tom were here, we'd probably end up having some deep talk about life. I've never been in a situation like this with Haz though.
"So you really aren't physically attracted to me?" He questions and I laugh. Ah, so that's where this is going. I could have guessed.
"It's not that I'm not-"
"So you are?" He interrupts me.
I'm going to regret what I'm about to say. Big time. He's already cocky enough he doesn't need more encouragement.
"Yes Haz. You're hot." I admit and it may be pretty dark, but not dark enough to hide the cocky smirk that has settled on his face.
"Wanna know something?" He asks.
"Sure." I nod.
"I think you're pretty hot too." He says.
I let a small laugh escape my lips, I don't know why I get so uncomfortable when people compliment me, especially boys.
"What? Don't believe me?" He asks.
"Not really." I shrug.
"Chloe. You're gorgeous." He states.
I smile at him, and he lets his fingers glide down the side of my face. His eyes flick between my eyes and my lips, and he starts to lean in...