•24•

I take my bag, throwing it in the car where Ben is in the drivers seat to drive me to the private jet. Chloe stands behind me, noticeably nervous for me to leave. I understand why, especially with all the drama lately.
"I will be back in less than 48 hours." I say to her to calm her anxiety.
"Just don't die. Got it?" She warns, and I laugh.
"Got it." I nod.
She hugs me goodbye and goes inside. Haz walks over, handing me a couple files to go over on the jet.
"Take care of her.. she's been having a hard time." I say.
"Apparently we're doing face masks." He rolls his eyes. "You owe me."
"Just.. do whatever she wants. I think she has a lot on her mind. She needs to relax."
Haz gives me a weird look, and I set the files on the seat in the car, shutting the door to make sure Ben can't hear me.
"We kissed." I whisper.
"What? You did?" He questions, looking extremely surprised.
"Yeah but she said she doesn't want a relationship or anything. I think she's really overwhelmed. Just let her have her fun, okay?"
"You got it mate." He nods.
I get in the car, and wave goodbye as Ben drives off.
•Chloes Pov•
Haz walks into the house, suddenly cheerier than he was earlier. I already know Tom told him to be extra nice to me, that's just how Tom is. I excitedly pull out my face masks, and hair dye to show him, and I can already see the fear in his eyes.
"It's gonna be fun!" I encourage.
"I'll do a face mask, but you're not touching my hair." He states.
"Come on! You'd look hot with highlights!" I groan.
"Absolutely not. I draw the line at face masks." He says.
"Fine.. loser." I mutter under my breath.
The night goes on, and I put one of my pink headbands on Haz to hold his hair back, then brush on a blue peel off mask. I can't believe he's actually doing this with me.
"Alright sit your ass down it's my turn." He says and I laugh.
"You better not get it in my eyebrows." I warn, trading positions with him.
"Why? Doesn't this just wash off?" He questions.
"No. It peels off." I say.
His eyes go wide, and he looks a little freaked out.
"Isn't that going to hurt?!" He exclaims.
"A little!" I laugh.
"Oh my god.. why did I let you talk me into this..."
full of regret, Haz continues to put the mask on my face, being super careful to avoid my brows. He's taking forever but I'd rather him do that than get it everywhere.
As the mask dries, we play a few rounds of cards, which I win at every single time. Tom taught me well, he made sure I had the skill to beat anyone and everyone, except for him. As gets increasingly frustrated, continually trying to catch me cheating since he can't believe I really am just that good.
"Get over it. I beat you." I say cockily.
"I'm never gonna hear the end of it am I?" He asks and I shake my head.
"Probably not."
We go into the bathroom to peel off the masks, but I get a selfie with him first obviously. As I text the photo to Tom, Haz groans in over exaggerated pain. It doesn't hurt that bad to peel off, he's just a dumb boy.
"You have a low pain tolerance." I comment.
"Low pain tolerance?! Has Tom told you the shit we have to do in training?" He questions.
"No.." I answer. I don't think I want to know. Just the idea of them being put through a bunch of painful torture methods makes me so sad.. I don't want to think about it.
"We were electrocuted, cut, beat, burned-"
"I get it." I say quickly.
"Sorry.. I forget you're not like us sometimes." He apologizes.
I throw away the last bit of my peel off mask, and turn to Haz who just finished his as well.
"I know Tom was born into this.. but what about you?" I ask.
"Well, since our families are so close, Tom and I are practically like brothers. We've always done everything together, and I knew if I didn't do this, I'd be alone. I didn't want that." He shrugs.
I smile at his response, him and Tom would do anything for each other. I wish I had a female friend that I had that strong of a bond with.
"What about your family?" I ask.
"Well, my mum and sister live across town. I send them checks so my mum doesn't have to worry about work, and I make sure they're happy and safe." He explains. "I know my mum isn't too pleased with my decision, but I'm able to support myself, and my family. That's all that matters to me."
I feel like I'm learning so much about Haz that I didn't know, and I come to realize, we've only spent a few nights together where I genuinely got to see the real him. I really like the Haz that's hidden beneath all the jokes and goofiness.
"Can I ask you something personal?" He asks and I nod. "Why do you think your dad took all his anger out on you?"
I let out a deep breath. I was not expecting that.
"I need a shot to answer that."
I go over to the bar across the room, grabbing the bottle of tequila, and two shot glasses so Haz can join me. If we're getting deep, we're going to need some alcohol in us.
"Alright, for each shot, we get to ask each other a question." I say.
"Deal." He nods.
We both down our first one, and I set the glass down loudly.
"Okay.. I think my dad took all his anger out on me because not only was I not the favorite child, but I was the easy target. I couldn't get away. I was the perfect person to hurt." I answer his question.
He pours more liquid into our glasses, and we take another shot.
"Alright my turn to ask you something." I start. "Why are you so concerned about me and my dad?"
"Because my dad hit me too." He answers plainly and my eyes widen.
All this time... Haz had gone through the same thing as me? Why didn't he say anything about that sooner?
"He did?" I ask.
"Mostly when I was younger, around ten years old. It's forgotten now." He mutters, and we take yet another shot.
"Haz that's awful.." I sigh. "You were just a kid.."
He shrugs like it's no big deal, and goes deep in thought, trying to come up with another question.
"Body count." He prompts and I laugh.
"No." I say.
"Come on, it stays between you and I. Promise." He swears, and I groan.
I really don't want to tell him, because it's going to be a huge surprise and I'm not prepared for his reaction. This is something I don't talk about to people.
"Fourteen." I say, and he laughs.
"Hah, nice one, serious what is it?" He asks and I shake my head.
"I just told you. Fourteen." I mumble.
"Wait seriously?! Little innocent Chloe has slept with fourteen people?!" He exclaims.
"You're judging me." I state.
"No I'm not I promise! My body count is just as high it's just- a surprise is all. I wasn't expecting that."
"Most people don't." I laugh lightly.
"This drunk question game is fun." He states.
We continue to take shots and ask each other the weirdest things we can think of. I feel like this was the best way to get to know Haz. He's not as open as Tom is.
"Okay, last question." I slur. "If you could sleep with anyone on this planet, who would it be?"
"Anyone?" He asks. "Well.. if I'm being honest.."
he looks me up and down, and it takes my drunk ass a second to understand what he's trying to say.
"Thanks dude." I say, friend zoning him hard core, but apparently the message doesn't get across because he starts to lean in, and he presses his lips to mine in a sloppy, drunken kiss. I don't know if it's the alcohol in my system, but I don't pull away. Instead I deepen the kiss, pulling at his hair.
I know I shouldn't be doing this.. I know how wrong it is.. I just kissed and turned down Tom. Now I'm kissing his best friend? I'm a terrible person..

A/N: not me posting this knowing damn well y'all are gonna be PISSED that I'm making her go back and forth between guys lmaooo