•38•

•Toms pov•
"Wake the fuck up." I say to the drunk as he groans, slowly lifting his head.
I can't wait to make sure that this guy is never around my girl ever again.
"Who are you?" He asks.
"Your daughters boyfriend." I answer. "I'm also the man that told you that I'd kill you if Terry came for her. And guess what? He did."
The man starts to stand and I pull my gun on him, obviously just for intimidation purposes. He's quick to sit back down, and I set the file on the table in front of him.
"What is this?" He asks.
"That is my offer." I state. "A plane ticket to America, money, and everything else you'll need to get the hell out and stay away."
He laughs, setting the file down and looking to me.
"I'm not going anywhere." He shakes his head.
"I figured you'd say that." I nod. "Which is why I have the psychiatric hospital on speed dial ready to come take you away for your mental breakdown and beating your kid."
He really doesn't understand, I am the one with the power here.
"I'm assuming you don't want to go back, so I suggest taking the money, and getting the hell out of here."
"I can just tell them what you do, how you threatened me-" he tries.
"You're a diagnosed schizophrenic, and I have a good reputation, who do you think they're going to believe?"
I can see him debating with himself on whether or not he wants to take the deal. But in the end he grabs the file with all the things he will need, and stands to his feet.
"Fine." He mutters.
"My employee will escort you to the plane to assure your departure, then after that I will have you followed for a while. Nothing will happen to you, you will be left alone, as long as you never do this again." I state.
"You're fucking insane." He says and I smile.
"You have no idea."
I walk him out to the car that Ben has pulled up, and he gets into the back seat.
This is it.. he's going to be gone forever. Chloe will be free to live her life.
I lean onto the open window, giving the man one last look.
"If you ever come back, ever- I will put a bullet in your skull." I say, and take a step back as the window rolls up, and the car pulls away.
"Bye fucker."
_________________
I drive to the safe house, and let out a long cleansing breath. This is it. I did it. I can finally  tell her that she's safe.
I walk through the door, and see her and her mum eating pizza and laughing together. As much as I hate what her mum did to her, I can't help but feel joy in seeing that they're okay. Chloe needs her mum.
"It's taken care of. He's gone." I say.
"Are you serious?" Chloe asks in disbelief, and I nod.
"You will never have to see that man again." I state.
She jumps up from the couch, and runs over to hug me tightly. I hold her in my arms, really living in this moment. Because this truly is a big moment.
"You will never be hurt again." I whisper to her, feeling her grip around me tighten.
"Thank you, Tommy." She whispers back.
"Of course."
I kiss her head, and let her go. Her mum looks between us with adoration, and let's out a sigh.
"Please tell me this is going to end in a fairytale wedding." She says, making Chloe groan.
"Oh it definitely is." I laugh and Chloe glares at me.
"A small wedding." She corrects.
"Nah. I'm thinking at a waterfall- during sunset. Then when it's dark we set off fireworks." I tease.
"You two are sweet." Her mum smiles.
"Thank you." I say.
"No, thank you. For taking care of my daughter when I failed to. And for getting me out of there." She says thoughtfully.
"Of course." I nod. "And we can help with any living expenses you need covered until you're back on your feet. It'd be understandable if you needed some time before going back to your normal life."
I see Chloes smile out of the corner of my eyes which makes me happy.
"That's very kind of you, but I think in going to go stay with a friend for a while. I think it'd be best." She says.
"Are you staying in London?" Chloe asks.
"After all that's happened, I'm never leaving you again. So yes, I'm staying in London." Her mum nods. 
We all load into the car, and I give her a ride to her friends house where she will be staying. Chloe gets out of the car to talk to her and say her goodbyes- for now.
I'm so happy she has someone in her life now that's not in the mafia. She needs that.
•Chloes Pov•
"I'd like to visit with you, if that's okay?" My mum asks and I smile.
"It's more than okay." I nod, and hug her warmly.
"I'll see you later." She says.
"See you."
I get in the car, and Tom instantly grabs my face to plant a big kiss on my lips. I giggle, looking at him with confusion.
"What was that for?" I ask.
"It's my excitement." He says.
"Excitement about?..." I trail off.
"About finally getting to take you on a real date- in public." He grins.
After this very long day, we drive home, and after being around my dad and everything, this truly does feel like home. I'm safe here, I'm loved here, it's everything I could ask for.
We go inside, and Haz is quick to make his way towards us, wanting to know how it went.
"He's gone. For good." I smile.
"That's amazing." He says, pulling me into a hug. "Now you get to go back to normal again."
Well, it won't necessarily go back to normal. I'll still be living in a mafia house, my boyfriend will still be a mob boss, and honestly I'm not even sure what 'normal' is. I've never had it, but I'm excited to find out what my new 'normal' is.
"We need to celebrate." Tom says.
"What do you suggest?" I ask.
"Let's go out to dinner, in a real restaurant, around real people." He suggests and I smile.
"Invite the twins and Aaron, they need to hang out again." I say to Haz, and he nods, pulling out his phone.
"And still, you think of others." Tom admires. "How'd I get so lucky?"
He kisses my lips, and wraps his arms around me in a loving embrace.
"You guys disgust me." Haz shakes his head.
"That's the goal!" I laugh.
And so we all go out to a fancy restaurant. Me, Tom, Haz, the twins, Aaron, Ben, and Rubin. It feels so amazing to be out, around real normal groups of people for the first time in a very long time. I take a moment to appreciate, as everyone sits around the table laughing over something stupid that Haz said, that this is my new family.
And I really, really love my family.