•23•

I lay in my bed, pajamas on and the television playing quietly in the background. I'm getting sick of being in the house all the time. I want to go somewhere, talk to new people, just feel somewhat normal again.
There's a knock on the front door, and I groan, not wanting to have to get up and answer it, but I'm the only one here right now so I have to. I walk out to the entry way, still in my pajamas. I really couldn't care less about who sees me dressed like this.
I open the door, and the young kid- I think his name was Aaron- stands in front of me. I know he's young, but I'm still pissed off that he shot Tom. I try to tell myself it's not his fault, but it doesn't help too much.
"What?" I ask.
"Tom said he's going to be in his office late and not to stay up for him. He also wanted me to give you this." He says, handing me the little note.
Chloe,
Get some rest pretty girl, And don't worry about that kiss earlier- even though it was quite literally the greatest kiss I've ever had. Goodnight darling.
-Tom
I smile at the note, nodding to Aaron.
"Thank you."
"Yeah.. he's been very kind to let me stay here and keep me safe after what I did." He makes conversation.
My parents never taught me much, but the one singular lesson I do remember my mum teaching me was to give second chances, because people can surprise you. Maybe Aaron is one of those people. I mean, he is helping to find the guys that sent him here in the first place, and he is so young.
"Look.. I know how crazy this all can be to process when you're...well.. normal." I awkwardly laugh. "If you need someone to talk to.. I'm here."
I see his face light up slightly, his lips pulling into a smile.
"Thanks." He nods.
We say our goodbyes, and I shut the door.
I'm glad I didn't completely fuck up our friendship with what i did earlier. I never knew he wanted to kiss me.. and I have to admit, it was a better kiss than expected. That's more of an understatement, it was an amazing kiss, but I can't go down that road with him. I have some type of feelings for him, it's just that I don't want to ruin what we have. I can't go into a relationship with him unless I am one hundred percent sure that I want to be with him, and right now I'm not so sure of that.
I grab a fuzzy blanket, curling up on the sofa to get comfy. I pull out my phone, texting Haz.
Chloe: looks like we're having a slumber party tomorrow. Bring your cutest pajamas.
I scroll through Netflix, putting on twilight for the millionth time because it's my comfort movie, and my phone dings.
Haz: don't call it a slumber party, were not teen girls.
"Oh we'll see about that." I mutter to myself, typing back to him.
Chloe: I'm ordering face masks and hair dye on overnight shipping. See you tomorrow slumber party buddy!
I go to amazon, finding a few different things to order for tomorrow. He's definitely going to think I'm joking, but if I'm being kept here in this murder house I get to at least have a bit of fun once in a while. Haz is the perfect person to do that with because he'll resist but inevitably give in because he's a cocky bitch that loves to look good.
I start to feel tired, but I just turn up the volume on my movie to keep myself awake. It doesn't work too well though, and I start to feel myself doze off.
•Toms Pov•
I finish up the work for the night, leaving Rubin to do extra work through the night so I can have more information tomorrow. I walk through the doors, and I see the light of the tv flashing, and my adorable best friend passed out on the couch. I walk over, and she mumbles something.
"What darling?" I ask, but get no answer. She must be sleep talking.
I sit down on the edge of the sofa, Just watching as she sleeps. She's beautiful.. always has been. Always will be. I can't believe I finally kissed her, it was amazing.. it was better than I could have ever imagined. I am in love with her..
"Please.. don't leave." She mumbles quietly.
I listen intently, what could she be dreaming about? I knew she sometimes woke up crying or screaming, but I didn't know she talked in her sleep. Chloe has always been a vivid dreamer, I just hope it's not bad dreams.
"I.. stay.." her eyes scrunch slightly, and she moves a bit. "Tom- stay."
"Darling, wake up." I say softly, rubbing my hand over her arm.
She takes a sharp inhale of breath, waking up in a small panic.
"Hey it's okay, I'm here." I comfort, pulling the sleepy girl into my arms.
She doesn't say anything, she just clings to me in a way that breaks my heart a little bit.. I wonder what she was dreaming about. It obviously wasn't a good dream.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"I'm okay." She says sleepily.
I guide her to lay on my chest, pulling the blanket over the two of us. My hand combs through her hair as I take in this moment. I've dreamed of nights like this with her for years. If only that kiss had gone just a bit differently.. I'd kiss her lips, tell her everything will be okay because she has me, we'd be together.
But we're not. And it hurts.
"Tom?" She hums.
"Hmm?"
"Is your trip tomorrow.. dangerous?" She questions.
I think that's what she was dreaming about..
"No, not at all." I shake my head. "I'm just going to make a deal with some old man, and I'll be back before you know it. Nothing bad is going to happen."
She nods, laying back down on my chest. I kiss her head, and lift her up in my arms, standing to my feet. She wraps her arms around my neck, clinging to me tightly and I walk her back to her room.
"You're tired." I state, laying her down.
"No I'm not." She mutters and I laugh.
"Mhm." I hum. "Go to sleep, I'll see you in the morning, and everything will be okay."
I pull the blankets up over her, brushing my fingers through her hair. God I wish things had gone differently.. I wish I could just crawl in next to her and hold her in my arms all night.
"Goodnight love." I say.
"Night Tommy."

A/N: writing these chapters physically hurt me 😭